Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Deal or no Deal

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Good Deal or no Deal

@idonno wrote:

@arjay Do shop around. Plenty of deals out there and sometimes you'll find that well known companies deals (not that I had any complaints about my BB service with PN) sometimes match or are even lower than that on offer by PN.

Currently I'm paying nigh on the same as a 'new' PN customer rate but with another ISP - saving money each month. Same unlimited downloads, with strange to say a faster connection. I've come to the conclusion there really is no need to fear changing - let's face it they all come down the same fibre / wires. My changeover went extremely smoothly and I got a very nice new router as part of the deal. Will I be back with PN next year, who knows. Nowadays, its money money and I play it the way some ISP's do i.e. no loyalty expected.

I guess the majority who change have no problems......but....reading the complaints in other sections of this forum and some have major problems, I guess it's a gamble.

As for PN email I could never get along with it, as you say plenty of other free email providers out there and IMO much easier and friendly to use.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

@gleneagles  Thank you for adding your voice... and experience to my campaign. and it`s good to know that I am not the only person who thinks that.....

PlusNet IS discriminating against old and disabeld customers

in the action that they have taken with LIVE CHAT.

@Gandalf  Please take note of this posting... and pass  on to the hierarchy concerned.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

@shutter 

Whilst I'm not disputing your views, I think it is time that you considered how you are helping the original poster by highjacking their threads to get your message across.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Rising Star

@shutter wrote:

Thank You @arjay  for explaining your personal situation... and my heartfelt sorrow for the situation you are in..

Thanks for your kind thoughts shutter 👍

Highlighted
Rising Star

@jab1 wrote:

I can see where people are coming from on this thread, and I am not defending PN here, just putting forward a different POV. No matter what service (gas/electric, insurance, phone, internet &c) you have on contract, you are given a 'deal' quite often when you sign up for the first time, and unless you renegotiate when that deal finishes, you are automatically moved to the suppliers 'standard' - i.e, higher, price.

WHY?

I have found Plusnet to be a good provider, it’s their partiality that punishes loyal customers that’s the fly in the ointment. The only real problem I have had with them was an anomaly in billing which took months to resolve and was only finally resolved after the Ombudsman was involved and cost plusnet more than two months off my bill. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot

Fortunately in this avaricious world in which money has become god, there are those that see the light, ‘eventually’ and I quote:-

“”By JAMES BURTON CHIEF CITY CORRESPONDENT FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 00:17, 5 December 2018 | UPDATED: 00:24, 5 December 2018

“Yesterday's move by Aviva is a victory for the Daily Mail, which has fought against hidden charges and price rises that punish loyalty"

“bucks a trend among insurers to lure in buyers with ultra-low premiums – then stealthily raise them 12 months later if a customer does not switch”

“The price increases tend to hit hardest older people and those without a good internet connection, as they are less likely to shop around at the end of their 12-month initial contract””

No new customer deals with Aviva

Well done The Daily Mail, please turn your attention to internet providers.

Further just to get it off my chest

Commerce thinks the average person is naïve and gullible. “50% OFF” hang on a minute I’ve just seen a pig fly by my window. “SALE ENDS SUNDAY” there goes another pig, (starts again Monday).

Whatever happened to fair trading, integrity and plain unambiguous talk

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@maranello wrote:

@shutter 

Whilst I'm not disputing your views, I think it is time that you considered how you are helping the original poster by highjacking their threads to get your message across.

But is @shutter  highjacking the thread ? 
Indeed I would have thought the opposite was true, he is simply adding to the concerns a number of elderly PN customers have and whilst it's unlikely there is a faint chance PN might just pick these concerns up.

Even if they do not they cannot say this has never been brought to their attention. 

Highlighted
Pro

@gleneagles 

I don't see the connection between deals offered to existing compared to new customers, and whether or not the unavailability of Live Chat constitutes discrimination against the old and disabled.

Just saying......

Edited -just noticed that this is posted in General Chat where off-topic posts are allowed, so I guess I shouldn't  get so het up about it. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Highlighted
Rising Star

@gleneagles wrote:

@maranello wrote:

@shutter 

But is @shutter  highjacking the thread ? 
Indeed I would have thought the opposite was true, he is simply adding to the concerns a number of elderly PN customers have and whilst it's unlikely there is a faint chance PN might just pick these concerns up.

Even if they do not they cannot say this has never been brought to their attention. 

We all have our own opinions on things and we may not view matters from the same viewpoint. But I think we all have a right to have our say and it can be refreshing and beneficial to listen to others.

Even if we  disagree with what others may say, we should respect their right to their views and afford them dignity as we ourselves would want

Respectfully, I did not regard shutter’s remark as in any way highjacking my posting. Anyone that can try to bring about changes in plusnets partiality is considerate of others

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

@arjay wrote:

@jab1 wrote:

I can see where people are coming from on this thread, and I am not defending PN here, just putting forward a different POV. No matter what service (gas/electric, insurance, phone, internet &c) you have on contract, you are given a 'deal' quite often when you sign up for the first time, and unless you renegotiate when that deal finishes, you are automatically moved to the suppliers 'standard' - i.e, higher, price.

WHY?

I have found Plusnet to be a good provider, it’s their partiality that punishes loyal customers that’s the fly in the ointment. The only real problem I have had with them was an anomaly in billing which took months to resolve and was only finally resolved after the Ombudsman was involved and cost plusnet more than two months off my bill. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot

Fortunately in this avaricious world in which money has become god, there are those that see the light, ‘eventually’ and I quote:-

“”By JAMES BURTON CHIEF CITY CORRESPONDENT FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 00:17, 5 December 2018 | UPDATED: 00:24, 5 December 2018

“Yesterday's move by Aviva is a victory for the Daily Mail, which has fought against hidden charges and price rises that punish loyalty"

“bucks a trend among insurers to lure in buyers with ultra-low premiums – then stealthily raise them 12 months later if a customer does not switch”

“The price increases tend to hit hardest older people and those without a good internet connection, as they are less likely to shop around at the end of their 12-month initial contract””

No new customer deals with Aviva

Well done The Daily Mail, please turn your attention to internet providers.

Further just to get it off my chest

Commerce thinks the average person is naïve and gullible. “50% OFF” hang on a minute I’ve just seen a pig fly by my window. “SALE ENDS SUNDAY” there goes another pig, (starts again Monday).

Whatever happened to fair trading, integrity and plain unambiguous talk

The answer to the question I think you are asking, @arjay , is that in a market, be it insurance/internet/w.h.y. , in which most consumers already have a supplier, the only way for a company to grow market share is to persuade you to switch, and that means offering a sweetener - which has to be paid for, and unfortunately that means those who don't explore the market at end of contract end up paying the 'going rate' - I understand your dislike of this, and share it. Just think back a few years when you paid an increasing price every year to monopoly suppliers in the power market and phone suppliers with absolutely no way of mitigating those 'take it or else' prices.

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 38

@maranello   Hardly "hi-jacking" the O.P. thread, when I am supporting him..( as you can see from his post below yours)..

The o.p. has problems that are bigger than yours, obviously... and his "preferred method" of contacting Plusnet regarding his service, has been removed, my personal situation is not as bad as the O.P. but it becomes just as bad when trying to access customer services easily.

SO ... it is not MY message.... it is the message from ALL disabled customers who are being discriminated against by PlusNet management decision to close LIVE CHAT. I just happen to be the voice proclaiming the message..

Highlighted
Rising Star

@ hero

@  jab1

I understand what you’re saying which is a good rather than having no choice in who to deal with. The sweeteners that you refer to are discriminatory against loyal customers and I object to having to negotiate a better deal every time a contract expires, having to negotiate by phone puts me between a rock and a hard place, and as shutter says is discriminatory against a section of society.  It may have been easier when I was younger but I’m talking about my position now. If I buy a loaf of bread I don’t have to negotiate the price and the next customer who may have never been in the shop will also pay the same and I know that the next time I buy one it will be at the same price. Over simplified I know but I’m trying to explain what I’m trying to get at.

Why isn’t a price set that makes the company commercially viable and cut out all the subterfuge and dodgy dealing- my opinion

In the good book, the Mosaic law forbade a dealer from  having two sets of weights or two sets of scales, one for selling and one for buying. Plusnet has two sets of scales, one for the new and one for the old and ne’er the twain shall meet😥

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Quite honestly I find all the shopping around for deals and having to haggle with whatever rep picks up the phone all rather tiresome. 

Never used to be like this especially where essential services were concerned - and the internet has become an essential service. 

It's now become an online 'Harry the Haggler' street market.

"Now, are you telling me that's not worth twenty shekels?" 😵

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 32

So, @Minivanman , you'd rather pay whatever you were told, without the option of finding a better deal?Shocked

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not at all, all I am suggesting is that essential services should not be subject to market forces and that prices should be controlled and even dare I say it, subsidised in some cases.

Happy to haggle the price of spuds or even shop around for the cheapest television!

Highlighted
Rising Star

@shutter wrote:

@Gandalf  Please take note of this posting... and pass  on to the hierarchy concerned

Unlikely

If you bury your head in the sand you’re in a prime position to get a swift and painful kick in the you know what

I owned and ran a leisure activity business for over thirty years

One lesson I learnt was never to put a client’s complaint on the back burner, it’s one sure way of losing their business. If you ignore the bad you lose the good

I’m only one in an large number of plusnet clients but I was always told that pennies make pounds, so customers make a business.

Recently how many long established well known business are going to the wall because of a haemorrhaging clientele and failing market. Someone came up with a way of selling to the public without them having to go shopping and being delivered to their door often free of charge, they’ve captured the market to the regret of those that thought they were invulnerable

Hopefully someone will come up with selling BB on a flat playing field, it will be goodbye plusnet and the ilk with how many out more of work