Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone, and Hopefully Forgotten

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Gone, and Hopefully Forgotten

I see Katie Hopkins has been given the order of the boot from LBC - and not a moment to soon by my reckoning.

Tells us all we know to know about the type of columnist the Mail and obviously it's readers favour. What a nasty little poison penned woman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40057165

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
11 REPLIES
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Gone, and Hopefully Forgotten

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

I see Katie Hopkins has been given the order of the boot from LBC - and not a moment to soon by my reckoning.

What didn't you like about her programme?

Minivanman
Hero

Well to be honest I have never listened to it, but I know enough about her comments not to bother.

What did they not like about James Joyce?

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@Minivanman

I concur with your comment, saw enough of her on the apprentice, and some of her additional comments and views have been well publicized in the press.

Like a number of people who thrive on publicity it's essential to keep in the public eye by making outrageous comments as reasonable points of view can attract little attention

Minivanman
Hero

@Gel

Care to explain?

Fixes: 125

I may be guessing here, but I imagine that Gel means he doesn't share your opinionCheesy

I see her as a little like Richard Littlejohn but less reserved. If you don't like her style don't read or listen.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Steve
Seasoned Pro

It's such a shame to see the country that gave the world the Magna Carta and John Stuart Mill being zipped at the lips. 

Community Veteran

Mav wrote:

I see her as a little like Richard Littlejohn but less reserved. If you don't like her style don't read or listen.

You're right. The OP made his comment without having heard the programme and based on prejudice.

I have heard her programme in parts a number of times and have to say she was much more controlled than she is known for. I think this may be due to restrictions placed on broadcasting  and I would imagine LBC would have put their own restrictions in place.

Minivanman
Hero

Indeed Mav, but an explanation from Gel might have helped. 

As for not reading or listening to her well I don't, but we are here to comment are we not and when someone without power (the reader) points out a problem to someone with power (the writer) then it's valid criticism and to do as you suggest, only read or listen to that on which we agree is just a trope, for how are we to know if we do not read or listen?

Anyways, I'm not a Mail reader so avoidance of her kind is easily achieved in pretty much the same way as I'd not buy Workzone tools from Aldi. Wink

Minivanman
Hero

@artmo

It was not based on prejudice artmo, that's yet another trope.

My comment was based on having read legitimate and reasoned reports of what she had written. Consider just two examples out of many; are you suggesting that the Mail which published her claim were wrong to have paid £150,000 in libel damages to the Mahmood family or that her call for a "final solution" in response to the Manchester terror attack was not at the very least ill advised?

The Mail is a disgusting little rag but not to worry, my once favourite read the Guardian is following it down the same pan.

"That was a nasty little speech the Reichsführer made last week"...... "we'll don't listen to them!" Roll eyes

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

She's a snob and an attention whore. To put it politely. I remember reading about her comments that she didn't really want her children playing with other children with "lower class" names. She'll do or say anything to remain in the public sphere. There was the time she referred to a disabled child as "it".

The longer she spews her bile, the more her face starts to resemble a bulldog licking [-Censored-] off a nettle.