Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going up in smoke .... down under....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Going up in smoke .... down under....

Saw a report in the paper this morning.....

The price of a "cheaper brand" packet of 20 fags , in Oz has risen by government tax increase of 12.5% to equivalent of £19

some of the more "premium brands" have gone up to £22...

I bet there is going to be a lot of attempted smuggling going to take place...

3 REPLIES 3
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Going up in smoke .... down under....

Ryanair will be flying Aussies to Scandinavia for cheap fags soon at those prices and price rises.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Yep fair enough, the irony is I used to buy cigarettes for my mum, dad and sister.

Used to do a bit of smuglling when I went abroad, all within custom limits of course. 👨‍✈️

(Nearest avator I could find for the police). Looks like the Lithium PC Brigade are doing well at Fixing the Unread Posts bug, removing the spell checker and the police emotions. We're paying PlusNet to support this software? QA must have had some long lunches down the pub.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Alex wrote:

Yep fair enough, the irony is I used to buy cigarettes for my mum, dad and sister.

Funny what we used to buy as presents. As a little tyke I bought ciggies twice as a gift for my old Mum. Of course I had a slight ulterior motive. The [-Censored-] machine used to give a little change to the coins you put in it. And as the "coins" I used were made of beaten lead......... The second time I did this an upper window opened in the news agents and I received a far bit of shoutyness. 

So that ended my "crime spree". It seemed like a good idea at the time creeping around in the dark (November 6pm) but considering that in those days there was a policeman on every corner it was probably a good decision. I preferred my ears to remain unclipped.

(apparently I can't use the common slang for cigarettes)