cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going... Going.. (almost) Gone.....

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Going... Going.. (almost) Gone.....

I checked the number of people on the forum at the bottom of this page when I logged in, and it was 34....   checked it about an hour ago... and it was 28.... now I see there are only 24..

20 REPLIES
Fixes: 102

Re: Going... Going.. (almost) Gone.....

well it's gone back up now..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Yeah... now there`s 27  !  Cheesy

Fixes: 102

aside from that fact that you know that 34 is more than 28 not sure what you're trying to say?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

...and at least one of those is only there because it's easier to stay logged in all the time.

Community Veteran

dvorak wrote:
aside from that fact that you know that 34 is more than 28 not sure what you're trying to say?

Just that there doesn`t seem to be much interest in the forum..... even though PlusNet has let "non-believers" log in ! ! ..

maybe the new forum style has some effect, but I am sure that it used to be a lot more active under the old system... Perhaps it`ll pick up after tea time tonight, when all the "working class" people come home, and find there`s nowt interesting on the telly, they will come flocking by to enjoy the company of others Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

shutter wrote:

I checked the number of people on the forum at the bottom of this page when I logged in, and it was 34....   checked it about an hour ago... and it was 28.... now I see there are only 24..

Not everyone sits at their computer 24/7 refreshing the forum every few minutes, so the numbers are bound to go up and down depending on what people are doing... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

twocvbloke wrote:

Not everyone sits at their computer 24/7 refreshing the forum every few minutes, so the numbers are bound to go up and down depending on what people are doing... Grin

Don't we?? Buck2

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Or perhaps it's more to do with the type of topics posted ?

For example if  I posted the topic of, Was Obama right to comment on the forthcoming referendum on the EU ?

Then I am likely to get more replies than if I ask, What are you doing today ?

On the old forum posts could run to many pages on some topics but few run to more than a couple of pages on this new forum.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

gleneagles wrote:

For example if  I posted the topic of, Was Obama right to comment on the forthcoming referendum on the EU ?

And if you did, I'd reply. NO, NO, NO.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

That proves my point as you were prepared to comment on one suggested post but not the other.

Smiley

Community Veteran

People coming home from work now.... got a glut of members now... -  34  ! ! ! ... what sort of ratio is that, to the number of PlusNet subscribers  ? ?   

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

gleneagles wrote:

On the old forum posts could run to many pages on some topics but few run to more than a couple of pages on this new forum.

Anatidaephobia

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@gleneagles - I was going to duck out of replying but the forum certainly isn't as 'cozy' as it was under SMF, and the real topics like the Obama one simply aren't being posted. Yes, I know I could have posted it myself and I honestly did think about it, but TBH I thought I'd be wasting my time, as no one would reply. Or it would simply end up a Pro / Anti American bun fight.

tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

shutter wrote:
Just that there doesn`t seem to be much interest in the forum..... even though PlusNet has let "non-believers" log in ! ! ..

In all honesty, I know that opening up the forum to non plusnet subscribers has been unpopular, but Im not sure why anyone would come to an ISP forum and join up unless they were a member.  Its pretty low risk in my view