cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

God comes tumbling down?

geoffp0
Grafter

God comes tumbling down?

RANTING Wayne Rooney has been sensationally dropped by mega-sponsors Coca-Cola.
Coke announced the star's £600,000-a-year deal had been axed yesterday - hours before he celebrated scoring the winning goal in Man United's Champions League victory over Chelsea.
About time he was shown that he isn't  un-touchable Cheesy
10 REPLIES
N/A

Re: God comes tumbling down?

I'm no football fan but Geoff, you've made my day.  It's about time this prima donna was brought down a peg or two.  Let's hope it's the start of things to come regarding the behaviour of the rest of them.
geoffp0
Grafter

Once upon a time football was all about sport now its all about money, I blame the fans who will go and pay up to £100 just to watch a game, whilst the clubs are charging such prices to go to matches then these players will continue to recieve filmstar wages.
The annoying part also is that if they score a goal then they have to perform some idiotic show in front of the fans.
I was an electrician at sea, and if I changed a bulb I would never run down through the ship punching the air and doing summersaults, its about time some of these players grew up and realised the reason they are on filmstar wages IS to score goals Crazy
nadger
Rising Star

Quite agree that it's high time that Shrek had his ego deflated  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Good, and about time too.
The only thing the football fraternity have taught us is, how to spit, voluminously and repeatedly.
It seems to have little to do with sport nowadays, but then I suppose football is not alone there.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Apart from spitting what have the football fraternity done for us?
Drop kick spectators!
Community Veteran

Just to continue the slightly distasteful spitting; Up until my mid 50's I played county class squash. A sport that requires a fitness level that makes footballers look like rank beginners. I can't think of a single squash player I knew who would even consider spitting in a squash court however much they felt they might like to.
@journeys, some of the "fans" depicted on the news from time to time could use a good kicking.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@Petlew, agree with you.... was intended as a parody of "What have the Romans done for us"
Community Veteran

It's to be hoped some of his other sponsors follow CCs lead.  He has deals with Nike, EA Sports and Harper Collins.  They all appear to be standing by him.
Community Veteran

Harper Collins will continue to do so I expect since they publish his autobiographies.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

[quote=journeys]... what have the football fraternity done for us?  Drop kick spectators!
it is a pity that infamous spectator didn't learn his lesson ! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12991359