cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global warming

Community Veteran

Global warming

The irony of thousands of people flying from all over the world to Copenhagen to discuss / protest about global warming is not lost on me (or is it just me?)  Crazy
While thinking about that, I've come up with alternative theory -
Global warming is caused by radio waves!  Since the beginning of the last century (more or less coinciding with the industrial revolution in historic terms) the use of radio waves of one sort or another has proliferated.  Radio (of all flavours), TV, satellite communications, mobile phones, microwave communications and wifi has grown exponentially in that time.  Clearly we are slowly microwaving the planet.  We should stop the use of all radio equipment immediately in order to save the planet for future generations.  Cool
John
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Global warming

Nice one John. That would also have the added benefit of stopping all those incessant repeats on tv!  Cheesy
Fixes: 47

It's the gherkins Nozzer.... Wink
Wouldn't that then mean we would all sink into an ice age instead Undecided
The planet's cooling down so it's only the microwaving which is keeping us warm.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat
The planet's cooling down

Have I missed something here?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

http://blog.mises.org/archives/010939.asp sums up my thoughts on "global warming".
B.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
Since the beginning of the last century (more or less coinciding with the industrial revolution in historic terms) the use of radio waves of one sort or another has proliferated. 

The Industrial Revolution started in the 18th century (1770), don't recall many radios around that time.

Quote from: okrzynska
Quote from: Strat
The planet's cooling down

Have I missed something here?

No. The physical planet has been cooling since it's creation 4.5 billion years ago. The Global Warming is atmospheric.
I doubt if there is anything we can do to seriously change the rate of cooling of a planet with a mass of 5.97e24 kg
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Or do much to influence that rate of change either.
Uhmm! that's what you said Strat.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.

I also said Global Warming and what I should have said is alleged Global Warming.....apologies for that error Embarrassed
Community Veteran

maybe the term Climate change is a better term ?

Man made or natural Mal Wink Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Somethings gotta wipe all us humans to pave the way for whatevers next to come,if anything at all,watched a programme with tony robinson last night and he says that if it was not for climate change we would probably not be here,man on earth it was called. Smiley

I watched that and found it very interesting. Particularly the bit about how close to extinction we came Shocked
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yeah all huddled up in africa,makes you think at times,its a big and dangerous planet
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Didn't see the program. I'm not impressed with Tony Robinson, although admit he was good in Black Adder.
Particularly the bit about how close to extinction we came

Was that the Toba eruption circ 74000 years ago?
I was reading a USGS paper recently that suggested that 90% of of the survivors of the Toba eruption were in Central Africa, that estimated human population numbers before the eruption were >25,000, after were <2000.
The migration from Africa was post Toba,  Recent analyses of mitochondrial DNA have set the estimate for the last major migration from Africa around 65000 (+- 5k). This paper went on to suggest there was a prior migration and pockets of survivors from Toba, outside Africa.