cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global warming is the new reason for COVID19 HuH ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Global warming is the new reason for COVID19 HuH ?

Well David Attenborough has "jumped on the global warming" bandwagon, once again....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1338544/david-attenborough-global-warning-coronavirus-latest-life-...

Sir David Attenborough hopes the pandemic will be the wake-up call the world needs over global warming.

It's not really about saving the planet. It's about saving ourselves." The TV presenter said the pandemic would continue to cause "immense suffering" but he believed that the lessons learned would aid the battle against global warming.

9 REPLIES 9
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 164

Re: Global warming is the new reason for COVID19 HuH ?

Richard A is absolutely right in saying that planet earth will carry on after we have triggered global warning and the human race as well as many other species of fauna and flora have disappeared. No different in this respect as when great big dinosaurs probably though that the planet was being destroyed by climate change.

The Revenge of Gaia by James Lovelock is an excellent read on the subject of global warming.

The human race is doomed, religion and social acceptance will never allow the real cause of global warming, that is, human overpopulation, be addressed and all this talk of global cooperation will never happen, just accept the inevitable.

I guess that Covid killing off a few might give the human race a few more seconds some time down the line but I doubt that this is what he means

Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

@Baldrick1 

Very true, just glad I will be long gone before the masses realise that the system is breaking down and it’s every man for himself.

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 164

What gets me is that it's the young 'uns who think that it's a problem is for the old 'uns to solve when the solution is in their grasp, that is, not breed and encourage their generation world wide to do the same.

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

It will carry on in one shape or another with or without any human, animal or insect life but as to how many thousands or millions of years it will take to recover is only to be guessed at. But then what is time if there is nobody to measure it.

Personally I think we have passed the tipping point and even our last gasping grasp for the stars will not save us.  

And not breeding? No worries, there will be another even more deadlier virus along anytime soon to resolve that one - we ain't seen nothing yet.

And the good news? I think I still have another beer in the fridge.

Bottoms up, as the Bishop said.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Another virus? Hope not! I've predicted it'll be the zombie apocalypse...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Big businesses would love zombies as they would only need paying in brains. And no breaks or unions.

More production less cost what's not to like.

OK you would probably have to wipe the green gunk off your new iPhone before using it.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Big businesses already use zombies - Pay the least possible and demand as much as they can, giving them tasks to do that are soul destroying, unrealistic timescales, no prospects etc.

Can't really see the difference between what you describe and the current situation lol

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

It's the hustle of the proletariat and their reprimand of the bourgeoisie.

Some things never change @7up, and neither does Marxism - it just mutates under another name.

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Has Attenborough forgotten that right at the start of this, with no planes and hardly any cars, the weeks of clear blue skies and the long hot days.

Was I the only one thinking then that a some "pollution" is necessary for rain and clouds and to help block out the searing sun occasionally.