Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global luke warming !

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Global luke warming !

Global warming is just HALF what we said:
World's top climate scientists admit computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong
Leaked report reveals the world is warming at half the rate claimed by IPCC in 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420783/Global-warming-just-HALF-said-Worlds-climate-scienti...
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Global luke warming !

Can we have half the green taxes back then?
M'thinks not.
Its only a matter of time until somebody admits its the greatest money spinning con ever perpetrated making relatively few people filthy rich for minimal effect.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: PlusComUK
Leaked report reveals the world is warming at half the rate claimed by IPCC in 2007

What's the Independent Police Complaints Commission got to do with global warming Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

They're searching for the missing bits! Charges(!) are sure to follow! Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

So we may have longer than we thought to sort things out, doesn't mean that it's not a problem to be addressed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

This year we did not get photos in the papers every few weeks about the shrinking ice caps and the poor polar bear. Wonder why? Because this summer it did not recede and the Northwest passage remained blocked with ice packs.
Community Veteran

The extent of the ice is not the whole story the volume of ice is just as (if not more) important. I was going to give you a quote from the National Snow and Ice Data Center's latest report. However one of the affects of global warming is that there are more extreme events, storms will be more intense etc. The NSIDC is in Boulder Colorado and visiting their website I get:
NSIDC's Web site is currently unavailable because of severe weather and flooding. We expect to be online again this Monday, 16 September, around noon (USA Mountain Time). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

'nuff said!
Glenn
Grafter

It's a neo marxist scam of epic proportions, remember we used to joke that they'd tax the air we breathe next...well guess what...they're trying to.
Global warming is a hoax, they've been caught red handed lying about the models and the medieval warm period, extreme weather events do occur, it's not unusual, the sun affects our weather not us...carbon is a life giving gas,
More carbon produces more trees/grass which in turn produces more oxygen...the life cycle.  Smiley
Community Veteran

Not if at the same times you are chopping down the rain forests!
Glenn
Grafter

Most oxygen (like 70%) is produced by algae in our oceans.  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: PlusComUK

Trouble is that these days you can convince people of anything as long as it's leaked.
We've no idea who's behind this and what their agenda maybe. It could be some big corporation who want to delay having to get clean and take down their smoking chimneys for example. Maybe a paper producing mill that can get trees cheaper than recycled paper.. there are so many different agendas going on these days it's impossible to know who to trust as they're all looking out for themselves.
Personally I think I'll stick with my previous understanding of climate change: We're in the deep stuff. At least that way we can continue trying to clean up after ourselves.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
kmilburn
Grafter

Quote from: Glenn
Global warming is a hoax...

Regardless what you think of the models and the predictions, the data and evidence clearly show the average global is definitely getting warmer
[quote=http://noaa.gov/sotc/global/2013/7]The globally-averaged temperature for July 2013 was the sixth highest July since record keeping began in 1880. It also marked the 37th consecutive July and 341st consecutive month (more than 28 years) with a globally-averaged temperature above the 20th-century average. The last below-average July temperature was July 1976.
Community Veteran

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

while at the other end Antarctic sea ice seems to have hit a record maximum
and eye-balling this graph the Arctic sea ice may - just may - have temporarily stopped dropping from about 2006 to now but whether this is a turning point or just a short blip I have no idea
TimeRider
Grafter

As said earlier - all a huge con. Warming and cooling periods for millions of years before humans started smoking pipes. Now scientists are worried about the major cooling - and the energy companies are rubbing their hands (not to keep warm) with glee, while we enjoy the noise from the subsidy turbines.
Speaking of turbines, when are greenpeace gonna get involved with all the sealife that is finding itself messed up and beached - all along the coastal regions where there are - yup, you guessed it - wind farms.. Enjoy the vibration, enjoy the turbulence, and enjoy paying - YOUR money to mr big wind - you get... cold and zero returns while destroying the area..
Australia is (apparently) stopping the subsidies and carbon tax... Saving the people, while keeping their environment safe for humans and other life. Maybe it's time we voted for a party with similar ideas? - And there is one Smiley