cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Warming

Fixes: 47

Global Warming

If this Global Warming gets any worse I'm going to freeze to death Crazy
Central heating back on, winter bedding back from it's Summer holiday early and the car's air con firmly turned off.
What IS going on?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
33 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Global Warming

Well, Strat  - we had summer last week.  Seriously - what do you expect the weather to be like in June? Shocked
My sister got married 51  years ago in June because the weather would be lovely she reckoned - sunny, warm and the roses blooming.  I was wearing a horrible bridesmaid dress that was sleeveless and had a scoop neck.
So what sort of day did we get?  Windy, grey, rain.  All standing in pictures shivering with the cold! Cry

ps as well as winter fuel payments we should get a summer one for when the temperature drops below 70 degrees!
and the dog won't go out in the rain............................ [she wouldn't go out in the sun either!!  but she liked the snow we had?]

Oh well......wishful thinking I suppose  Sad
Quote from: jmdlp
As well as winter fuel payments we should get a summer one for when the temperature drops below 70 degrees!

Agree with that.
the dog won't go out in the rain............................ [she wouldn't go out in the sun either!!  but she liked the snow we had?]

She's not daft Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Don't worry - it will all be better in a few years http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6446236.ece
ANYONE for a drop of Château d’Exeter? Farmers in Devon and Cornwall could be challenging vintners in France by 2080 as climate change transforms the southwest into a balmy wine-growing region.
Forecasters predict that temperatures could rise by 3C to 4C, making the West Country ideal for growing crops such as grapes, sweetcorn and sunflowers.
Meanwhile, commuters in London will be left sweltering as peak temperatures spiral as high as 41C.
The projections are part of the first national study on how climate change might affect different parts of Britain.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Were balmy in Essex now, we have got several vineyards, an Olive Grove - as shown at RHS Chelsea and Artmo Roll eyes
jmd
Grafter

Pierre - do you mean Balmy or barmy in Essex? Crazy
Community Veteran

Well, from memory our June climate has not been as hot as we had last week, that was just a early heat wave - and even 25 degre plus here in Perthshire. We now have  NE winds off the North sea which is still cold.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

What happened to flaming June.......apparently it's a painting Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Snow in June is not unknown ! - but looking out of the window - even 3000 foot + mountains are snow less  Smiley

Something about Grandmothers and eggs seems to come to mind Wink Smiley
scootie
Grafter

snow stopped play at buxton cricket ground in june 1975 http://www.buxtoncc.org/snowstoppedplay.html
Community Veteran

Well Buxton does seem to get more snow than many other places - and certainly they have much more than around here in my part of Scotland. And the roads always seem to be closed - something to do with hiller routes on most routes out of the place.
But it is a very nice place in summer - maybe something to do with being a spar town. I lived in Derbyshire for several years and greatly enjoyed it.
Interested
Grafter

Just being a bore but.......
Global Warming is actually speeding up the standard climate changes faster than the world would without our influence towards the next ice age.
Also the increase in the melting of the polar ice caps up in the North Pole may well divert the gulf stream which current passes the West Coast of Scotland, England & Wales to the opposite side of Ireland out into the Atlantic Ocean much sooner than humans create the next ice age so basically its just going to get much colder for us!
scootie
Grafter

tell me about mal0z  Grin
i went to buxton college and had to travel from matlock to there on a double decker bus. Most students have 6 week summer holidays where buxton students get a 2 month winter holiday  Smiley
the cat an fiddle road is even a major trek in summer if there's frog.
in the early 90's we went to vist family over leeds way for crimbo  and on the way back it took us well over 3 hours just to get back to buxton due to frog
we didnt go any faster then 10 miles an hour at any point in the trip due to not even being able to see the windscreen of the car  Crazy
all tho the sheep seemed happy to be standing in the road as normal
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Pierre - do you mean Balmy or barmy in Essex? Crazy

both Grin Grin