cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Warming Fraud

Community Veteran

Global Warming Fraud

Here's an interesting site.  Well worth a look. Thought provoking.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/GlobalWarmingFraud
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Global Warming Fraud

Yeah I've already seen that site - I watch videos there daily Wink
If you're talking about the video I didn't get chance to watch it - GF is watching program on TV so need to keep noise down lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Some may recall I posted something along these lines around six months ago, and was rounded on by global warming enthusiasts. My main thrust then was, that the human race does not have the ability, only the arrogance to think they do, as told by experts such as politicians, journalists, folk singers, 3rd runway at Heathrow opponents etc. etc. to be able to change the Earth's climate in any significant way. But, that it is the Sun that "regulates" our climate, always has done, and will continue to do so long after the human race was but a long distant memory.
I have seen nothing, heard nothing from any of the above to change my mind, but there is an increasing swell of real experts, scientists, climatologists geologists etc. who are fighting their way through the wall of propaganda, trying to tell us like it really is. I do not, and never have disputed there is something going on, only that it is a natural (Sun controlled) phenomenon, not man made.
There is no money to be made in pointing out natural events, but an awful lot to be made out of frightening the population.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: petlew
I have seen nothing, heard nothing from any of the above to change my mind, but there is an increasing swell of real experts, scientists, climatologists geologists etc. who are fighting their way through the wall of propaganda, trying to tell us like it really is. I do not, and never have disputed there is something going on, only that it is a natural (Sun controlled) phenomenon, not man made.

Well you, your children or your grandchildren will find out who was right.
Unfortunately, if you are wrong (and all the evidence indicates that you are), they will be very sorry that previous generations did nothing to ameliorate their plight.

Community Veteran

one video i watched made the excellent point that whatever the truth of the matter, it is advisable to be prepared.  we have an excellent opportunity to explore the sort of building methods that would protect us either way.
it might also be a good notion to emulate our forebears and excavate caves where there are none and make use of caves where there are.  i've seen under-road basements and under-rail arches cleverly water- and sound-proofed.
we could have a lot of fun exploring the possibilities instead of arguing the toss.
Community Veteran

Quote from: axisofevil
Quote from: petlew

Well you, your children or your grandchildren will find out who was right.
Unfortunately, if you are wrong (and all the evidence indicates that you are), they will be very sorry that previous generations did nothing to ameliorate their plight.

Clearly there is evidence both ways (or there would be no possibility of the debate), however the main point is valid.  If the "mankind is a collective vandal destroying our planet, and killing us all" camp are wrong, and we try to do something about reducing our energy use, and cut our pollution, we haven't lost anything, only gained a cleaner living space.
If the "the planet can look after itself, and there's nothing we can do to change it" camp are wrong, and we do nothing, in a few hundred years (or possibly less) the planet may be approaching the stage of being uninhabitable by "life as we know it".
Surely the only logical route is to act as if the "global warming is real" camp is right, at least then mankind will be around to laugh at them Tongue
John
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I'm kinda with you on this John.  Personally I don't believe that we are having much impact on Global Warming, as has been said the Sun is a much greater force on that.  What I do agree with though is the steps that are being taken/are being proposed to be taken in the name of stopping Global Warming.  I think reducing energy consumption, land fill, CO2 emitions and the like will make life better for everyone, but wont really impact Global Warming.
Phil
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Just to put some numbers in.
From The Guardian
This meant the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere would have to be kept below 500 parts per million, said Stern. In 2006, he set a figure of 450-550ppm. "I now think the appropriate thing would be in the middle of that range," he said. "To get below 500ppm ... would cost around 2% of GDP."
In a recent report for the London School of Economics, Stern acknowledged that even 1% of GDP was "not a trivial amount". For the UK it is equivalent to £14bn a year.
This means an annual cost of £28bn which can be compared to the public sector borrowing requirement
The Budget forecast for net borrowing in the 2008 financial year was £43bn, with debt expected to be 38.5% of national income.
"At this rate of increase, borrowing will come in at around £57bn this year, almost £15bn higher than the chancellor’s Budget prediction," said Jonathan Loynes at Capital Economics.
This is an awful lot of money to spend on something which may or may not not be true but worse is a drop in the ocean compared to the CO2 emissions of the rest of the world. So we in the UK may spend all this money with no appreciable effect on global CO2 emissions.
To add a bit of clarity to the argument - CO2 emissions on their own will not create very much further global warming as the waveband which it acts is already effectively saturated. The AGW proposition is based on positive feedback (The temperature rise triggers other feedback actons). If however the feedback is negative (the global climate is essentially self limiting/correcting) then it is all a waste of time and money.
Edit - further information on present temperature compared to the predicions by James Hansen (leading proponent of AGW - Anthropogenic Global Warming) link to Climate Audit one of the more technically correct sites in this field.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pjmarsh

I think reducing energy consumption, land fill, CO2 emitions and the like will make life better for everyone, but wont really impact Global Warming.

With you there as well, again I've advocated the reduction in use of fossil fuels, but in the name of husbanding declining resources (if thats actually true, some research suggests that oil is much more abundant than we're led to believe**) while the search for alternatives goes on, but not at the price of a large section of the worlds population starving so "we" can continue to cruise round in gas guzzlers, there has to be another way found.
**estimates of world oil reserves seem to fluctuate wildly almost daily. You need to look carefully at the interests (commercial/financial) of the body publishing the estimate. Truly independent estimates are as rare as hens teeth.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.