cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gizza Job

Community Veteran

Gizza Job

An unusual way to try and get a job.  It's been tried before but here is another attempt to get an employers' attention.
Job seeker

.....and his website:
Gizza Job
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Gizza Job

Good luck to Adam.
As a WIP it's not bad, but I'd be tempted to change/update the website daily, fill-out the CV a bit more with hot links to various mentioned sites, his experience here could be expanded.
Community Veteran

He was interviewed on the radio this afternoon and said he has had a good response from employers asking him to submit his CV.  He deserves to be successful. Many would simply have sat on their hands and moaned they couldn't find work.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: artmo
Many would simply have sat on their hands and moaned they couldn't find work.

This is true.. but then how many times do you hear of people saying "You want it handed to you on a plate" and other similar remarks? - People never like those sort of people yet thats exactly what this guy is trying to get.
There just isn't a lot of work out there. I'm still prowling every day looking for things and sending out CVs but there isn't as much out there and there is a lot of competition. What this guy has done IS very clever without a doubt BUT he's also trying to cheat others out of a chance by persuading employers to hand him an oppotunity on a plate.
I admire him for trying, I really do but there are others out there who are also in the **** too yet as artmo has proven, there are people out there who will look on them dimly even though they're genuinely trying and not expecting a job handed to them on a plate.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Roll eyes Roll eyes He has been handed nothing, nor is he cheating others out of work. He has got off his backside and done something positive to try to get work.  It shows initiative which will impress prospective employers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I do agree with you artmo, all I'm saying is there are two sides to every story.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
itsme
Grafter

Do we really need more people employed in the Media Industry?
Community Veteran

Would have thought “yes”, for the production of good ‘foreign money earning’ TV programs (Top gear, Downton Abbey, Attenbourgh series, Dr Who).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Given the number of people employed in the media, it never ceases to amaze me about the amount of tripe that is produced. Just how many does it take to work out a schedule of repeats for Christmas for instance.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

With so many employed in the media they can no longer afford to make as many new programs  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

TV is not the only media outlet.  In the discussion on the radio yesterday advertising, radio and the print were also mentioned. We also have a thriving film industry in this country as well.
Community Veteran

Another novel way of seeking employment:-
http://www.phildub.com/
Community Veteran

He's certainly got a good idea I think.  Deserves to succeed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

This one got an article on the BBC website:
https://twitter.com/PLSGlVEMEAJOB
David_W
Rising Star

It's a really good idea that, you have what, 10-100+ people applying for 1 job, so that's 100 people you need to whittle down to "possible interview candidates", say 20, so first things first, check their qualifications, relevant qualifications, into the "maybe" pile, irrelevant "nope", over-qualified "nope" (unfortunately), then you whittle them down some more with experience and such until you get a manageable number of people to come in for an interview.
This chap is showing some initiative, a CV is nothing more than an advert really, so he's gone to the logical conclusion and advertised the product for sale, his employment, on a billboard.  People will take notice, he becomes more than a shift into the "nope" pile.  He'll still need to sell himself at an interview, but best of luck to him, not sure he'll get a job singing mind you.