cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gin for Christmas

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Gin for Christmas

I've just been stuffing black Bullace (small wild plums) into  bottles and topping them up with Gordon's Gin and sugar. It makes a great Christmas liqueur which is similar  to Sloe Gin, but a more delicate flavour. I've made quite a lot using 2 litres of Gin, because the family always descends and I'm left with none.
Who else is preparing autumn fruits for Xmas?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
3 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Gin for Christmas

Christmas liqueur or, as you'll call it by January, winter fuel.To be burnt along with the Christmas log and the garden shed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: AlaricAdair
I've just been stuffing black Bullace (small wild plums) into  bottles and topping them up with Gordon's Gin and sugar. It makes a great Christmas liqueur which is similar  to Sloe Gin, but a more delicate flavour. I've made quite a lot using 2 litres of Gin, because the family always descends and I'm left with none.
Who else is preparing autumn fruits for Xmas?
Talking of Gin, ALDI were selling the stuff for under £10 a bottle and some reviewers rated it highly. Guess if I was adding something to Gin I would go for the cheaper bottle.
Roberto0151
Grafter

Definitely the cheaper stuff !  We have a morello cherry tree and regularly make cherry brandy - very popular and the price of the brandy seems to make no difference. We've also used plums from time to time with good results, but have never thought of bullaces. As we have a wild bullace tree in a hedge I'll have to bear that in mind for next year.  (Some of ours normally go into jam together with damsons but most are wasted)