Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosts

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Ghosts

At one time I never believed in ghosts......

Now I am not so sure as we have one in our house........

If we leave any sweet stuff about, cakes, chocolate and such like it seems to disappear......

Not all at once of course, it's clearly crafty that way, just takes a bit at a time hoping we do not notice....

Clearly not on a diet as lettuce, fruit and similar stuff is never touched.....

Only the two of us in the house and the wife swears she knows nothing about it....

very odd.

Laugh

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ghosts

If it's not yourself or your wife, then evidenty it must be someone else, you could always leave laxative chocolate to help 'flush' out the culprit. But that's assuming ghosts need to toilet of course.  Cheesy

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anonymous. 🤣😂😆
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@gleneagles 

I'm rather puzzled by your ghosts digestive system. Wink

Seriously though it's all nonsense, and if cakes and such went missing I'd put down a couple of mouse traps and not put it down to things that go bump in the night!

Highlighted
Fixes: 393

My brother and sister-in-law swear that the ghost of my dad pops into the kitchen turning the oven knob up/down or moving cups, etc. and walks around upstairs making a clatter.

Funny how it never happens when me and SWMBO are there. Admittedly there are creaks and other noises but nothing that can't be put down to central heating/hot water.

Being an alcoholic I'm quite sure my s-i-l sees many spirits during the nightCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Pro

I've seen a few weird things that could have been "ghosts", whatever they are, but I've never known any that noshed cake.

Somebody sleep walking?

Terraced house with access from other houses through the roof space?

Somebody living up there? (It's happened before)

Somebody has a key who shouldn't have one?

Somebody has a key who should have one, but is letting themselves in and mooching around?

I'd be tempted to get a motion activated video cam if it keeps happening.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

Surely you must remember the "There's a Humphrey about" commercials from the 1970s?

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

When these so called ghost cross over from the spiritual to the physical that's when things start to get really weird.

A very good friend of ours who lived in an old house in south Wales, swears that she would find old coins around the house - usually on one of the windowsills, and ones that dated back from the seventeenth to eighteenth century - she even showed us a couple of them. No crackpot either, and she held down a very professional job.

So either one of two things, she was either a very good and very convincing liar, or.... 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

So either one of two things, she was either a very good and very convincing liar, or.... 

And the other being:

She was a very convincing and very good liar. Wink

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

.... she was telling the truth, and I don't believe a word of it. Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well given that the living exists and the dead don't....

Highlighted
Community Veteran