cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get up time

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Get up time

Assuming you are not working or need to get up for a specific reason what is the usual time you get out of bed ?

I can never sleep past 8 am even if I have had a late night ie. 1 or 2 am

Never had problems getting up and oddly enough if I need to get up earlier say 5am I always wake before the alarm goes off.

18 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Get up time

Between 9 and 10 but it's usually around 1am when I settle down for sleep.

All being well I usually sleep for around 8 to 9 hours.....unlike last night which was 4 hours Angry

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Normally arise 6:30am unless something dictates an earlier start.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Very much a "morning person" my alarm is set for 4:15 but it only actually goes off maybe 3 or 4 times a year, I'm usually awake long before that.

Doesn't seem to matter much what time I retire, just don't seem to need a lot of sleep. Sunday's when the alarm is not on, I still awake at my usual time but turn over. oddly I almost always feel worse (headache, musty taste in mouth) with a late rise.

Mrs P can get a bit fed up with the early alarm sometimes though.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I always wake up with the larks Smiley  generally after 05.30 every morning ,,,,, and i dont work anymore Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

I'm all over the place - some days i have to be up at 6 for pipsqueek, other days i won't wake up until 10.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2u2me
Aspiring Pro

Now I am retired, when I want Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I get up at 5.30 go for a pee and while there check some regular emails! Then go back to bed till 7.00 and get up to take the dog out. He doesn't know the time but he always is ready to do his business at that time so think it's only fair to him. Then I'll take a tea to SWMBO and settle down on the bed with my Hudl and watching for groundsmen on the golf course and the occasional deer Thumbs Up

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Fixes: 47

I don't know if this is just me but if I have to get up for something specific like a day out early start or an appointment.

I usually wake up before the alarm goes off and cancel it when it does.

It's like setting an alarm on my phone also sets an alarm on my biological clock Huh

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

@Strat

Well it's not just you.

As mentioned in my op if I need to get up early when hiking I set the alarm for 5am but wake up 10 minutes before it goes off, same with holidays if a taxi is picking us up irrespective of how early it is, the alarm is set but still I wake 10 minutes before it goes off.

Minivanman
Hero

Usually about 1am, 3am and then 6am..... all for a pee, tablets not helping!

On those rare occasion when I can sleep without having to visit the loo I rarely get up before 9am. It's called being retired and time rich. Just wish I was money rich. Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman ditto... but no tablets ! ! !  Shocked

Get up at 0730 on the alarm... go to bed at 23:59.... don`t want to waste too much time sleeping my life away...

Glad I`m retired... far too busy during the day to go to work...  Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Living with a sleep disorder, I wake up when my brain lets me, it's very difficult to wake up at a specific time every day regardless of having several alarm clocks and going to bed early.....

peejay
Grafter

Last night I had a dream that I was awake all night......but when I woke up I was fast asleep!!

Community Veteran

shutter wrote:

@Minivanman ditto... but no tablets ! ! !  Shocked

Get up at 0730 on the alarm... go to bed at 23:59.... don`t want to waste too much time sleeping my life away...

Glad I`m retired... far too busy during the day to go to work...  Grin

I Seem to be doing a lot more since I retired.....perhaps I was not doing that much at work ?

Retirement is the next best thing to winning the lottery providing you have got good health, as for money I don't have much but fortunately sufficient to allow me to do the things I want to do