cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get away from it all

Fixes: 47

Get away from it all

Here's your chance to get away from it all....
http://www.mars-one.com/
Maybe you would like to put your name down......or volunteer someone else.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
9 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Get away from it all

I can think of a few people who are already exhibiting extra-terrestrial tendencies, but not something I would personally want to take part in, maybe in another decade or two once spaceflight has gained pace and takes hours rather than years to planet hop  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

I know there is a few I would sent to Coventry though, if you catch my Drift ?? Roll eyes
Fixes: 125

Still think the problems on Earth should be solved before thoughts to conquering Mars and beyond are indulged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

PitchBlack
Grafter

The T-Shirts could have been a bit jazzier  Roll eyes
nanotm
Pro

Quote from: Mav
Still think the problems on Earth should be solved before thoughts to conquering Mars and beyond are indulged.

part of solving the problems is surely dispersing the population to other planets to decrease population density based problems (which to be honest the lack of employment/food/hygiene/ speed of disease spread etc etc are all based upon) 
so long as only properly trained defence/police personnel are allowed to run the crime investigation and properly trained judiciary with governors elected from the colony occur there would be little or not problem with a fairly rapid expansion program to spread humanity across the stars

the depths of depravity seen in some areas of the world cannot be eliminated but mitigating the likelihood of occurrence through smaller populations which are better policed would certainly go a hell of a long way to improving things
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 47

Problems we have here at present will pale into insignificance by what's to come.
Yes I know it's a long way off but the fact remains we need to develop the technology sooner rather than too late.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I'd go, ................SWMBO would insist, she wouldn't want to go alone!, she's flown ZeroG and thought it pretty good, she wants to go again!
RichAllen
Grafter

One way trip to Mars? Eh? Surely they'd have to bring whoever back eventually.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Strat
the fact remains we need to develop the technology sooner rather than too late.

I'll second that!
We do need to be developing new technologies and one way of doing this is to face new challenges and problems because thats how we work - we solve problems. If we don't find problems to solve, we won't solve them.
Only by venturing out there will we start focussing on communication speeds, faster space travel etc.
Quote from: RichAllen
One way trip to Mars? Eh? Surely they'd have to bring whoever back eventually.

A prime example. Yes at some time someone will have to come back so at some point they'll either need to find a way to get back from Mars OR we here on earth will have to develop a two way ship that can be reused. Without putting people on Mars there would be no need for either so they wouldn't happen.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!