Get an Eyeful of these fantastic pix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get an Eyeful of these fantastic pix

10 REPLIES 10
Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Re: Get an Eyeful of these fantastic pix

When I lived in Paris I spent many a weekend on the Place de la Concorde, reading, having lunch and just watching the tourists come and go. I’d get the Metro in from my flat in Montrouge then spent most of the (better) days there. It was a good life I have to admit and I'd do it all again given the opportunity.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

When we were living over there, for Mrs Minivanman's 60th (don't tell her I told you) we had a special weekend in Paris but one with a secret purpose as unknown and as a surprise to her I'd arranged to meet our four children under the Eiffel Tower.

So there we were the pair of us looking up from underneath...

It was a cracking weekend for all of us but with one tip from the experience, don't choose a restaurant by chance as so many are just tourist mill machines, get a recomendation from somebody who knows Paris a lot better!

Step forward Monsieur @Mook Roll eyes

IMG_20190720_0001_NEW.jpg     

Community Veteran

Yes I loved it. When I first went over to work I lived on Rue de Charonne in the 11th arrondissement of Paris but the commute to Montrouge where I worked was hideous. The Metro was jam packed during the rush hours and if you didn't get a seat you ran the risk of being pushed about, poked and worse groped. Not a way to start or indeed end your working day.

TTman
Seasoned Pro

Never been and will probably not get there now. One regret in life looks fantastic....but I have been to Blackpool!LaughGrin

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Blackpool does have a certain something and funny enough the Mrs often asks if we can go there for a weekend as she has never been. I must have impressed her with my stories about all those NUS conferences! 

Great place, and it is what it is.  Thumbs Up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Photos are a personal taste, for me few things beat the photos of the Natural World

three.jpgtwo.jpg

Community Veteran

Speaking of the Natural World

birdwithbug.jpg

Fixes: 317

@Mook wrote:

The Metro was jam packed during the rush hours and if you didn't get a seat you ran the risk of being pushed about, poked and worse groped.

My wife and I were travelling back from Victoria on Vancouver Island to the house we were staying in at North Vancouver.

We took a coach from Vancouver Island to a bus station in South Vancouver. From there it was the Sky Train across Vancouver followed by a bus to the house.

We were followed up the steps to the empty Sky Train platform by a young man who we paid no heed too.

As we approached the ticket machine he came across to us, offering to help us choose and buy tickets and asking our destination. He was quite pushy but we managed to get rid of him.

As Vancouver is a tourist city, I guess he does this to gain a tip for his help.

All things considered I still love the Sky Train and Vancouver.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Where did you say you went? Wink

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles 

My nephew has just posted this picture on fb of himself.

L'langeber at Pointe de Noyon. 

67375172_2498286763556665_8488099366928646144_n.jpg