cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gerry Marsden

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Gerry Marsden

So sad to hear of the passing of Gerry Marsden. For me he was the sound of the early 60s along with the likes of Heinz and with the Honeycombs.

He had a strange way of holding his guitar even back than, and his 'never walk alone' was a classic for him and a real favorite even though I preferred the original from Carousel, but then that's usually the way when you hear something for the first time by one particular artist. 

Safe journey across the Mersey Gerry. ☹️

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
5 REPLIES 5
Community Veteran
Fixes: 15

Re: Gerry Marsden

Very sad, we seem to be losing a number of musicians who we all remember from our younger days and gave us much pleasure from their music and songs that will never be forgotten.

Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

... the sound of the early 60s along with the likes of Heinz and with the Honeycombs.

@Minivanman 

If you haven't already seen it, you might like the film   Telstar: The Joe Meek Story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068669/

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobPN 

I have seen it yes and what a tragic ending he had.

I think he wrote that one hit wonder hit for Heinz as well as one other I can't recall. 

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Pro

I am not a Liverpool fan (although my team play in red too!) but to hear the Anfield crowd singing YNWA is a true emotional experience.  The nearest equivalent is Cwm Rhonnda at Cardiff Arms Park.

Sad to see Man City legend Colin Bell passed away today. Takes me back to younger days when football was Saturday only and Summerbee, Channon and Law were regulars in our local pub for a Sunday pint. That was the old "normal" best part of half a century ago......!

Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

So sad to hear of the passing of Gerry Marsden. For me he was the sound of the early 60s along with the likes of Heinz and with the Honeycombs.

The members of the  band were Heinz, Niz & Bumpsadazee....