cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

George Bush Howlers

Community Veteran

George Bush Howlers

George Bush departs from office on 20th January so here are a few of his 'howlers' to remember him by:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7809160.stm
36 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: George Bush Howlers

techguy
Grafter

The second healthcare one has to be the best.
And to think this guy was in charge of a nuclear arsenal for 8 years or should that be nukeular arsenal?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

If you want some classic George dub'ya  "howlers" you should watch the movie Fahrenheit 911, and we trust(ed) this man?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

Yes indeed, an excellent film
Fixes: 101

Youll be extolling the virtues of sicko next, another MM piece of flawless investigative journalism.  Crazy
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

In the most open minded way adiewoo, I'm not sure I see your point?

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
techguy
Grafter

Not seen that one yet?
I think he is referring to the fact that people have alleged that MM does not investigate things properly.
Fixes: 101

Well in the case of sicko according to him the NHS is the most perfect thing in the world, and whilst it has served many of us well, I'm sure we are also well aware of its failings - whatever the cause of them.
I just think that MM believes his own hype and although we all like a good laugh at Bush there is also a fair amount of BS in it all.
Not saying don't enjoy the film, as always people like different things.
Will Moderate For Thanks
techguy
Grafter

My recent experience with the NHS has been good but all depends on the individuals
Community Veteran

Ah thanks for the clarification guy's, most of that about MM and the NHS has passed by me I'm afraid, but I do agree MM is not to everybody's taste. Can be a bit like Private Eye on legs.

Community Veteran

Yes, I know what you mean but he has a way of putting his finger on an issue and ruffling a few feathers.  I have all his DVDs and although they have to be taken with a large pinch of salt he does ask some searching questions.
Community Veteran

Quote from: adiewoo
Well in the case of sicko according to him the NHS is the most perfect thing in the world, and whilst it has served many of us well, I'm sure we are also well aware of its failings - whatever the cause of them.

Compared to a health care system where people have to sell their houses to get cancer treatment I think the NHS does ok
techguy
Grafter

They look for your insurance card before they treat you in the States dont they?
Community Veteran

Correct.
In my case it was my American Express card. They also pointed out the credit limit [10,000 pounds] would not cover an overnight stay. I had pneumonia.