Did you mean: 

General Election

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: General Election

@Luzern

"Why should we expect to pass on our house, or the heirs expect it?"

Well speaking for myself, my kids whilst expecting it do not assume it even though they have copies of our wills. Other than than, I paid for it along with 'cradle to the grave' social care - so I will leave to whom I damn well like. I've more than paid my dues, so I'm more that entitled to say what happens to my estate.  

Pass the proceeds of any sale on to some money grabbing parasitical care home owner? I'd burn the place down first, trust me. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@Anonymous

"so that's pretty well everyone who is a house owner then"

Maybe, but not in my back yard Wink

Thomas A. Edison
artmo
Community Veteran

As I understand it if you enter a nursing home with a medical condition, such as cancer, your fees will be paid by the NHS. If you enter a nursing home with a 'social care' conition such as dementia then the £100k rule will apply.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@artmo

Indeed, but that's assuming you can winkle and wring that concession out of your Local Authority, following which you'll be placed (sorry, 'accepted') into some second or third rate care home that they fund. Nightmare.

I'll pull my own plug before then. 

Thomas A. Edison
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman

Can we assume the username 'mememe' was already taken when you registered?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Labour released their manifesto which is 124 pages long , with Scotland getting a massive 115 words. Scottish Labour release their one next week which will no doubt contradict the UK one in several areas leaving Scottish Labour voters not knowing what they are voting for.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 80

@Steve (& others) - you believe manifestos from ANY political party? I don't, and haven't for almost as long as I've Had a vote (43 years).

John
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@jab1 whether you believe it or not is not really the point though is it it is clearly lying to the electorate which is unacceptable as people vote based on their manifestos and the Labour one is the same as the Tory one, both denying Scotland a second indyref. Democracy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steve - I don't think they (the parties) are denying anyone anything, they simply mean to postpone it until a 'more convenient' time, and for me that's another 25 years. Wink

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous this from Labours manifesto, tell me where it says simply postponing it?

Labour opposes a second Scottish independence referendum. It is unwanted and unnecessary, and we will campaign tirelessly to ensure Scotland remains part of the UK.

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017/extending-democracy#third

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Maifesto,s are just fairy tales given out to make people think Vote for me Cheesy

Surprizing how much is forgotten once in power

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Don't believe what's in that UK labour one anyway. In it is says they will establish a Scottish investment bank with 20 billion of funds available. But we already have one and it's right here  https://www.scottish-enterprise.com/about-us/what-we-do/investment/sib

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because N S will get her way and they know it so you show me where it denies it? Oppose does not mean block! And campaign tirelessly as they know its on going.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Anonymous Why does this always boil down to Nicola Sturgeon? The majority of Scot's voted for her to be FM and I never said oppose means block but you will agree when I used the word ' denying ' that this is what oppose means.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@jab1 wrote:

manifestos from ANY political party

I strongly believe that party manifestos should be printed on soft absorbent paper.

It would I feel greatly increase the number of voters who would like to "read" them.