Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Election

Highlighted
Fixes: 1,071

Re: General Election

@RobC wrote:

And that Corbyn, who unquestionably misleads, is in any way worse than a confirmed childish serial lying self serving Johnson who cares not one whit for anything but himself! 🙄

Pretty sure an anti-Semitic, terrorist sympathiser ticks the worse box.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

And if you try to look rationally at the choices, what do we have?  Well, we have Jo Swinson that immediately alienated 50% plus of the population when she categorically stated 'we will revoke article 50 and stay in the EU'.  We have Jeremy Corbyn that's going to spend lots and lots of taxpayer money (aka the working peoples money), hasn't actually said in or out of the EU, slithers and wriggles until he thinks he has a chance and we have Boris (enough said).  Everyone here is right in that they all lie, cheat, are self serving and look after #1.  So what kind of choice do we have?  Communism anyone? Oh, hang on, don't they want trainee astronauts for a Mars mission?  Might be a one way trip if the poop hits the fan but hey, Mars or UK politics... 🚀

Live long and prosper!
Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

@gleneagles 

Boris is on message with Brexit and agree or not with that deal, if it gets us out this political cul-de-sac the whole lot of 'em have driven the country into, it might well see him get the result he wants and us the result we need - which is out of the EU in effect and by any means possible - even if that means a Tory government.   (My bolding.)

Hang on, a few days ago you were adamant that you didn't want "No Deal".  What's changed your mind?

I wouldn't be too bothered if we leave with a deal, but strongly oppose "No Deal".

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@billnotben wrote:

Having just brains of concrete ...

Surely you mean refuses to commit commercial and trade suicide throwing away years of effort and benefit to advantage a very few

and casting the nation into relying on the whims and wants of US corporational greed and control?

Who was it said "I mean surely no one would simply vote .... without wanting to have some inkling of the future direction"

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Pro

@dvorak wrote:

@RobC wrote:

And that Corbyn, who unquestionably misleads, is in any way worse than a confirmed childish serial lying self serving Johnson who cares not one whit for anything but himself! 🙄

Pretty sure an anti-Semitic, terrorist sympathiser ticks the worse box.

Corbyn - anti-Semitic - possibly - anti Israel - certainly (IMO) and avoids telling the truth

Johnson - anti Polish, anti Turkish (despite his grandfather), anti British who don't scream out support for him anti .... the list goes on - remember all the 'immigrant' lies - as demonstrated and lies through his teeth without a shred of conscience or regret.

// and would undoubtedly jump on the anti-Semitic bandwagon if he thought it would get him anywhere with some radical nut voters - he's on every other bandwagon.

Corbyn MAY be anti Semitic, or may be just anti-Israel as it is at the moment,

but Johnson just promotes hate and division on a daily basis to promote himself.

Definitely many worse box's ticked by Johnson.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@RobC 

What an appalling way to excuse Corbyn and Labour's anti-semitism by comparing what you reluctantly admit to, to the percieved faults of others.

'Your mate hates Muslims'...  'yeh, but yours hate Chinese people'.

Sheesh.  

It reminds me of something I read about the SS officer who arrested Anne Frank and bought a copy of her diary to see if he was mentioned in it. (He wasn’t.)

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Extract from the Law and Policy Blog..   makes me wonder why they did it, especially as it's likely to end in another hung parliament.

The government had recently obtained a second reading from Members of Parliament for its Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

This was a significant moment, as it meant that the House of Commons, for the first time since the 2016 referendum, had voted positively in respect of Brexit. Until then there had been a majority for avoiding No Deal but not for any positive version of a Deal.

A Withdrawal Agreement Bill given a second reading is more likely than not to proceed to a third reading, although there would no doubt have been amendments. A reasonable period of time would have been needed for proper scrutiny, say of about a month or so. With a fair parliamentary wind, all the stages of the Bill could have been completed by, say, mid-December. In other words, there could realistically have been a Withdrawal Agreement Act in place by the date of the general election.

But this government, which supposedly wants to “get Brexit done”, has chosen to have a general election instead, and so will lose valuable weeks in which the Bill could have been scrutinised and Brexit achieved.

This demonstrates that the current government’s priority cannot be to “get Brexit done”.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@ffox 

Nothing has changed.

This is a rubbish deal we all know that, but if it gets us out of the EU then fine by me after which we can renogotiate or whatever. How many people in this country do you think are fed up to the back teeth are now torn between deal and no deal?

All of them.... except Bremainers.

Personally I'd have walked away from the table after the first year of being [-Censored-]ed about by Brussels. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@nozzer 

You may be right there as there seems to be a stink in the air that even if Boris gets in we'll never get out - at least not without rolling over and getting our flea-bitten tummies scratched. 

But there you go, we the troops on the ground are supposed to make sense of it all and not for us to have definite opinions in a sea of divisive discourse on matters that even our own Parlaiment cannot agree on, and how nice for the 'lets not rock the EU boat' Bremainers to feel right all the time when all they have to be right about is not have to make a decision about anything.

Snug as a bug in a smelly bed. 

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Labour stand a good chance of winning this General Election, provided their minders keep Ms Abbott, Mr Corbyn, Mr McDonnell and Mr Watson away from the public view and the Radio 4 Today Programme.

I heard Ms Abbott on the wireless this morning. I believe Car Crash comes to mind.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Not for me to recommend the Guardian these days even if it was once my regular read, but this is good piece by Martin Kettle.

For those that do read it, sensible replies only?

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Corbyn doing what Labour always do, promising free everything for everyone... nationalise the whole of UK industry again, despite nationalised industry being a giant money pit...

Corbyn also trying to cosy up to SNP offering a new referendum for Scotland, but if he ignores the result of that one the same way he has ignored the result of our independence referendum in June 2016 then what is the point..

Labour and libdums failed in their hope of getting gullible 16 year olds the vote.  

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@AlaricAdair wrote:

Labour stand a good chance of winning this General Election, provided their minders keep Ms Abbott, Mr Corbyn, Mr McDonnell and Mr Watson away from the public view and the Radio 4 Today Programme.

I heard Ms Abbott on the wireless this morning. I believe Car Crash comes to mind.

Abbott is a joke whose only talent would be being able to lose Labour the election all by herself and of course they can't ditch her as she'd scream blue PC murder.

As for Labour winning never say never, but as that Martin Kettle argument I mentioned above points out, neither he or Jo Swinson are going to compromise in what has become new world order politics. Both have backed themselves into a corner.

Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

@ffox 

Nothing has changed.

This is a rubbish deal we all know that, but if it gets us out of the EU then fine by me

@Minivanman wrote:

@ffox 

I would suggest that at the outset there were very few (myself included) if any that wanted to leave the EU without a deal - and why would they?

and I was not excusing any anti-Semitism anyway anywhere.

Just opinioning that rampant hate speech against many to rabble rouse for political gain is EVEN 'worse

I can see why you like Johnson, despite claiming otherwise repeatedly

'Birds of a feather'

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@RobC 

Excusing anti-semitism is exactly what you were doing and if not that, then at the very least you were trying to dilute Labours.

So how's the book coming on?