Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Re: General Election

@Minivanman wrote:

Breaking news:

Amber Rudd "stands down"

Translation:

Amber Rudd jumps before she is pushed. 

I hope that Brexit deniers like Rudd and spreadsheet Hammond will be barred form standing as a Tory, they are obviously pushing their own agenda filled barrows.....

Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

@artmo 

......then we can get Brexit done with a decent deal if possible following which, we'll wangle another election and get the pair out... and replace them with errr.

Sorry, that's all I've got. 😯

I was with you until the "if possible". 😊

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Well well, Amber Rudd and now Helen Jones (Warrington North) standing down. 

According to @GuidoFawkes that makes 56 MP's so far and counting voluntarily bowing out before the next election. Is it going to turn into a stampede?

I just hope the last ratfink remembers to turn the lights out.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It's a pity there is not some law which,

a) Makes the news on tv limited to no more than 5 minutes when reporting on the election and

b) In the case of the BBC report exactly what people are saying without any biased reports from reporters working for the BBC.

For those who wish to indulge themselves in the election there will be plenty of programs that will be discussing the topic along with facebook, twitter and the rest....,in fact it will be almost impossible to avoid hearing about the election.

@7up 

Know how you feel about that house building, around the north of Preston they are half way through building 5,400 new houses.

No new dentists, doctors or schools, no new roads but one may be finished by 2023...the roads all have long queues of traffic..and bus service ? what bus service ? Withdrawn as the council cannot afford to subsidize the route we are on.

Sure we need new houses but 5 or 6 bedroom houses usually with double garages...who can afford those ? Quite likely some are bought as investments thus driving prices up further.

What's this got to do with the GE ?.....Well it would not matter which party was in power this would still take place so all this talk of reducing pollution and increasing the lives of residents is simply lies told by politicans to get votes so I well understand why some have no wish to vote.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman 

Pity we cannot bar the current lot from ever being allowed to stand again.

We should wipe the slate clean and get a new lot it, hard to imagine any other group would make such a mess of it,

Highlighted
Community Veteran

The stories of MPs dodging the P45 at the coming General Election by standing down is a bit like ISIL fleeing the territory they seized before retribution arrives.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

So, who does our self appointed Burgermeister reckon is going to get the keys to number ten.

My money is on Boris, my nightmare is Jeremy.... bless his red cotton socks. 

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

It's a pity, with all those leaving/dodging the sack, that it isn't used as an opportunity to start reducing the number of MP's in parliament.

But I expect those leaving are already lining up friends and relatives to replace them.

Highlighted
Pro

@artmo wrote:

A general election has been called for Thursday, 12th December. It could be a very interesting contest and may produce an interesting result.

Let's see if we can discuss the GE in a grown up manner without some of the childish behaviour we are seeing in the Brexit thread.

Are you the official Moderator or just expecting the discussion to be run according to your own judgement of acceptable discussion?

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 3

@dvorak wrote:

@7up wrote:

The £350million a week thing.. nobody here has ever produced any real numbers that i'm aware of

This was covered on More Or Less (Radio 4 statistics show) and we do send £350 million to the EU. But we also get some back in the form of a rebate and other money etc.

No we don't.

The rebate is applied before payment, and chunks of even the amount after the rebate has been up front removed is paid is through choice in the UK's wanting to be part of various enterprises

https://fullfact.org/europe/350-million-week-boris-johnson-statistics-authority-misuse/

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@TeeGee 

Burgermeister rules. 😃

Pleased to note moderator Mav has now locked the Brexit Revisted thread.

Highlighted
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

It's a pity there is not some law which,

a) Makes the news on tv limited to no more than 5 minutes when reporting on the election and

b) In the case of the BBC report exactly what people are saying without any biased reports from reporters working for the BBC.

Steady on, I love Laura and Katya! 😝

Live long and prosper!
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

https://order-order.com/2019/10/30/boriss-hilarious-bercow-sendoff-speech/

Boris taking the pee about poison dwarf tenure and retirement - and Bercow thinks they are compliments...

Highlighted
Pro

Hm, should have locked this one, the other one was much more mature 😂

Live long and prosper!
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@billnotben 

Absolutely, there are far to many Chiefs representing us Indians.

Community, Borough, County, Members of Parliament and of course those MEPs all if not most with a Party feather in their hats - and all our expense.

It's just bananas.