cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

General Election

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: General Election

Relax!  Your garden will not be taxed by Labour. I've seen that verbatim from a [labour] social media hacker in a forum on FaceBook for woodland and smallholdings owners. So it must be true.

Checking in the Labour Party Manifesto it is something a Labour Government would "review". If you believe the supporting youtube "plants" and side-papers Land Value Taxation would reduce Rates and income taxes.  

A pity Mr Corbyn and crew didn't have the time to think this through before producing the manifesto. They might have been able to counter my view that Land Tax will be an additional  universal tax, council tax won't reduce nor will income tax.  Tenants might think they won't suffer from the new tax, but guess what will happen to rents...?! 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

"No income tax increase" usually means NI will go up.

Luzern
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

As it's now the day, I shall refrain from comment, lest it have undue influence on the outcome. :police:

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well, I've voted, probably for the wrong lot, but then, they're all wrong choices... :2funny:

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

No such thing as the wrong choice.

No decision, no progress. :wink:

It seems to have been raining for days here in Wales so I guess I'll have to get the rubber dingy out and paddle myself to our local community centre - fortunately, it's downhill all the way.  

Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

No such thing as the wrong choice.

But, it doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in... :crazy:

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Well if the Xbox generation get off their fat burger bums and vote, Corbyn just might just squeeze himself into number ten - but look on the bright side, Abbott will be made Home Secretary - although if they do get elected (and it's a big if) then I'd rather see her as Chancellor as clearly she is the best person for the job.

"Lets try it again Diane. If we have ten police officers and add ten more, how many does that make. A hundred you say? It's the dunces cap and into the corner again for you m'girl"

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

The best thing about any General Election is the #DogsAtPollingStations hashtag that always does it's rounds on Twitter! Happy to see one at Sheffield Central this morning :grin:

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Just watch out for the poop! 

Community Veteran

@Minivanman wrote:

Well if the Xbox generation get off their fat burger bums and vote

Makes me glad I'm PC generation with a fried chicken bum... :2funny:

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Time to save the world, well save the UK from a disaster.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Highlighted
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Well been and X Mark the spot πŸ‘
For better or worse.
But it rain in Yorkshire so people most likely stay indoors
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

The parties usually offer to help people get to the polling station but I haven't seen that on their leaflets this year.  I've always wanted to ask a party to give me a lift, then vote for another party! :laugh:  Since my polling station is about a four-minute walk away across a park, and right next to the bus stop from where I get the bus to work, it would be exceedingly cheeky to ask for a lift.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I guess where the vote might be close Jonpe they'll be offering that lift to the polling station.

Not round my way though, as the two main parties have got as much chance of getting voted in as I'd have in pushing a porcupine up a steep hill. 

PS. Ours is about a mile or so away, so it'll be a free 'bus pass' ride to the polling station and a nice gentle walk back weather willing. 

Community Veteran

Called in to my local Conservative Assn office to ask how things were going. They said the morning had been busy and brisker than normal.

When I went to vote there was a line of people ahead of me. This isn't usually the case so maybe things are busy.