cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Election Thread

Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Re: General Election Thread

Is it false news that the Russians might interfere in our elections ?

Is there any evidence to suggest they are ?

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

As far as I am aware no party especially the three main protagonist have produced a manifesto

And why would I not know some of "the real people" and who are they anyway?

LMAO.gif

Only the Brexit Party has never presented a manifesto despite occasional assurances from Farage from time to time which remained undelivered.

- lets help:  https://thebrexitparty.com/

I understand he's again said there will be one, BUT a manifesto would be rather pointless if he has already surrendered to 'Father of Lies' Johnson without a fight eh?

'Put your trust in Boris Johnson' says Farage, 'despite me saying just a couple of days ago 'Its NOT Brexit.

🤔

Why the heck would a genuine believer say that? Let alone in favour of a Blatant lying untrustworthy toerag (she seemed a nice lady) like Johnson

I must admit to being somewhat surprised by that with no indication of any reciprocal arrangement - for example in Peterborough ...

Now it seems to me that Johnson is day by day quite clearly defining himself as the worst possible option for ... well everybody .. even himself.

and being the clear worst option, head and shoulders below all the rest even given a less than inspiring bunch

- really doesn't say much does it.

Hardly recommendation material eh?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@gleneagles 

The Russians by their own admission engage in false news on a state sponsored level - and not suggesting for one moment that others do not as even our own record has been pretty appalling at times.

Suggest you watch 'The World accord to Vladimir Putin' on Channel Four. 😃

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Yet another half answered repetitive post from @RobC 

Nothing original, ever?

*yet another sigh*

RobC
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

The Russians by their own admission engage in false news on a state sponsored level - and not suggesting for one moment that others do not as even our own record has been pretty appalling at times.

Suggest you watch 'The World accord to Vladimir Putin' on Channel Four. 😃

Don't need to.

Read it Here while we await the report being published, if ever:

Number 10 abused its power by demanding cover-up of donors and friends of Boris in report on Russian influence

Sources close to the parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee say that only a threat to national security can justify redacting names.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

An election guide.

Tories: More of the same - whatever that is.

Labour: More dithering

Lib Dem: Stay in the EU

Brexit: Leave the EU

SNP: Leave the UK but stay in the EU.

Plaid Cymru: Who cares anymore.

DUP: Who cares anyway.

Monster Raving Loony Party: Get rid of Trident and replace it with a tuning fork. 

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

There has even been talk of allowing people to vote via the internet at some future date but I cannot see that happening very soon.

There have already been concerns about postal voting, I can understand the need that some people have of being unable to get to a polling station but wishing to vote but voting via the internet would just add to problems.

As we 'progress' the voting system becomes more and more open to abuse,  and  the widespread ( out of control some would say ) use of postal votes that are so easily abused ( like your comment about 'some may be forced to vote in a certain way' covers women controlled by religious leaders and their husbands,  as it is well known that certain groups do not allow their women to vote ).

I had a letter from out Local Labour wannabee MP hopeful ( we have had Conservative MP in our area for many years now ) - it included a postal vote application form - we all know why Labour love the cocktail of postal voting and areas of high immigrant populations - with all the opportunities for abuse that brings.  Can't remember ever being sent a postal vote application form by a Conservative candidate, they assume that people have a brain and if they want a postal vote that they are perfectly capable of getting one for themselves. 

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Sounds about right, and about a Party that desperately wants to be all things to all people - and all their wants not needs.

RobC
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

Nothing original, ever

ROFL @Minivanman

who is the absolute definition of meaningless waffling content-less repetitiveness in a hundred or so meaningless mumbles a day, every day month after month after year.

Have you ever thought of actually going outside your door for a couple of hours?

Think about it next time you notice I'm not here for some time - its called having a life.

.. ah forget it. You wouldn't understand.

I can understand your undying hatred of far off strange lands - like the next town, or even next door.

You really do need to get out a bit.

Still, Look on the bright side for everyone else. Keeps him off the streets.

👍

RobC
Pro

@wotsup wrote:

Can't remember ever being sent a postal vote application form by a Conservative candidate, they assume that people have a brain and if they want a postal vote that they are perfectly capable of getting one for themselves. 

err google 'conservative postal votes'

You'll see hundreds exactly like this - apart from different constituency names

RobC
Pro

@wotsup 

Nigel seems to disagree with you over the reason for losing Peterborough as A Brexit rag quoted Farage

“Now, the only reason the Brexit Party wasn’t able to push a couple of hundred votes past Labour was because quite a lot of people still voted Conservative."

It was that darned Con party he's now saying his voters should support

🤔

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Touched a nerve have I?

Having spent a good part of my life working overseas and now comfortably retired, 'you know nothing John Snow' - but then neither do I know any reason to explain myself to you... or anybody else for that matter. 

Let's have less insults, less repeats and a little more substance your arguments....if you can at all manage it.

*Sorry mods, but this poster really is a pain in the buttress. 😣

RobC
Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

Having spent a good part of my life working overseas and now comfortably retired, 'you know nothing John Snow'

- but then neither do I know any reason to explain myself to you... or anybody else for that matter. 

LOL

Yes, you 'explained' - Failed business sold at a loss and I vaguely recall you whined about no benefits on your return despite 'paying taxes' in the last version didn't you? It was rather jumbled.

Or has there been other versions since that one before this 'comfortable version now?

Sorted out which one of your leave home versions is the one today? or will we get treated a new story?

Did you ever actually leave home? It certainly doesn't look like it.

Glaring contradictions and mismatches stick out to someone whos career has often involved identifying and resolving far more elusive examples of such things.

Too many and too insignificant to bother with many of yours, although a few of your lowlights have the potential to be amusing - but more valuable as a reminder of why you, like Johnson, simply can't be believed.

RobC
Pro

Another of your own paper reports

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7640707/Police-investigating-alleged-breaches-election-law-...

Police officers investigating alleged breaches of election law by Vote Leave campaign pass on file to CPS

Get Nigel in as deputy PM as payment to stand aside and he'll be PM when Johnson goes to jail.

Highlighted
Fixes: 743

Moderators Note

This topic has been locked in light of the moderators note left on the last one. No more threads on the election please.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'