cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Election June the 8th 2017

Fixes: 47

General Election June the 8th 2017

So Mrs May calls for a general election on June the 8th 2017.

She will go to the commons tomorrow and call for a vote for the election.

It will be interesting to see what Mr Corbyn and others have to say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39629603

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
224 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: General Election June the 8th 2017

its a call because she is going to win , Corbin has a low Poll  count at the moment

this made me chuckle http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/18/jeremy-corbyn-says-cant-name-one-mistake-made-have-many-r...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

It's going to be a steal that's for sure if it goes ahead, but also a chance to shut up those Moaning Minnie Bremainers in what is effectively going to be a second referendum. Don't like the way things are going? - then vote the lady and her party out of office.

Fat chance I know, but there you have it.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
plusmouse
Rising Star

I`m in Scotland so an SNP voter and one of those people who the Tories drag through the dirt because I have health problems. The sooner they are kicked out and a party brought in who actually CARE about people at the lower end of society, we will be a in better place. Don`t be fooled by the Conservatives lies regarding social equality when they are doing all they can to evict people from their homes if their JSA or ESA is sanctioned. Food banks only used to exist for the homeless, yet look at what`s going on. Low wages, zero hours contracts, sanctioning individuals for refusing or not being able to do a job centre course on how to update a CV. Controlling us all by introducing Universal Credit (never heard of this?) well if you are ever are unlucky enough to lose your job or looking for a job, you are mandated to a 35 hours a week job search and if you don`t come up to scratch, you will have your payments stopped and then go round in circles trying to find help. People are being treated like serfs by this government and they do NOT care if you starve or are being served with an eviction notice if you can`t pay your rent because of their punishing regime.

So...please think about this before you place your X on the ballot paper. Labour may not be united, but Mr Corbyn would make a difference to people`s dignity. If you would rather have a government who pull up the ladder on you, then vote Tory.

Minivanman
Hero

Valid although rather parochial if I may say so coming from a boat rocking SNP perspective? 

Time for Britain as she said to have certainty, stability and strong leadership following the EU referendum. It's the nearest I'm ever going to get voting Conservative. Thanks be to heaven that here in Wales like you Scotland we are not torn between Labour or Conservative - although no doubt the valley folk will still vote for the former regardless out of an ingrained habit.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I wonder how many traditional lifelong Labour voters are going to vote Tory? I have a feeling that it will be a much closer call than many realise.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

It could be argued that the reason the Government is being so harsh is because they are sick and tired of being screwed by worthless, idle individuals who milk the system for every penny they can get out of it.

As for the Conservatives doing what they can to evict people, that has nothing to do with them! Are you saying that no evictions take place in an SNP run Scotland. Those evictions are down to the greed of the Landlord that doesn’t have the social conscious to wait to see if the claimant can get a resolution.

IIRC TB said at a party conference back in ’95 that if elected they (Labour) would bring an end to Zero Hour contracts, and then in their 13 years of power they did nothing!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Sorry Plusmouse , even though i am not a Tory voter , Corbin as PM is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard Buck2

at the first sign of any world problem he would run away and hide , too many links with CND etc 

No way is he a Viable PM for the UK

Sorry but true

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Actually, she has just demonstrated exactly the reason I don't rate her at all. I've always thought she was flighty and changed her mind at a drop of the proverbial hat. Having spent that last few months saying that there is no need for a General Election, she has now done it again and reversed position. Trust her at your peril is what I have always thought and still do!

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

plusmouse wrote:

So...please think about this before you place your X on the ballot paper. Labour may not be united, but Mr Corbyn would make a difference to people`s dignity.

These views are my own and are by no means Plusnet's but I just wanted to wade in here a little as it's big news and a subject I really enjoy.

Hi @plusmouse I think labour will struggle if it cannot make inroads into Scotland and given by your post starting with the words I`m in Scotland so an SNP voter if this is representative of north of the boarder then Labour are in for a tough time.  Paddy Power for example currently have the Conservatives at 1/10 with most places having them at 9/2 suggesting they believe it's a lock.

Jono H
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

This country is currently being run by one Nicholas Timothy, the most powerful unelected man in Government. He is no doubt the one who has persuaded her to change her mind. I don't know who he is or what he represents, but that is a dangerous position for this country to put itself in if his real views are not fully understood. Government by proxy.

http://www.politico.eu/article/nick-timothy-theresa-may-uk-conservative-conference/

beeceegee
Rising Star

Minivanman wrote:

....... but also a chance to shut up those Moaning Minnie Bremainers in what is effectively going to be a second referendum. ................ then vote the lady and her party out of office.

Therein lies the problem with referenda. It's easy (and right) to ignore, for example, Monster Raving Looney voters as being a tiny bonkers minority; but you cannot ignore the views of 48% of the population (that was one thing Farage got right when he thought HE was going to be the 48%). I have voted Tory all my life - never again

Minivanman
Hero

@nozzer

"Trust her at your peril....."

But surely that's true of all politicians?

Community Veteran

@Minivanman

That's quite correct but leaders always strongly influence the way their parties are perceived. To qualify for my vote, a leader must demonstrate leadership and sound decision making ability. I honestly don't believe she has done either. What's actually happening is that she is rising the crest of the wave created by the other parties being unpopular.

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman - how VERY true.

This will be my one and only contribution to this topic.

All politicians are trained to disemble.

John