cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gavin Paterson - BT Retail CEO on BBC Breakfast

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Gavin Paterson - BT Retail CEO on BBC Breakfast

BT group have today announced their annual results. As was in the news recently they've announced offering Free sports channels with their TV service, as a result their web-site has been inundated and potential subscribers are unable to sign-up!
Gavin Paterson was asked how or whether they were going to be able to cope, to which he said they would be ready on time!
He was also asked how people were going to get this service when theycouldn't even get decent broadband, to which his response was about how they rolled-out Fibre services blah blah blah.
No mention of course of those poor communities stuck on 20CN exchanges where the arrival of Fibre will be something that won't happen in the foreseeable future, never mind 21CN  Roll eyes
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Gavin Paterson - BT Retail CEO on BBC Breakfast

Quote from: Anotherone
No mention of course of those poor communities stuck on 20CN exchanges where the arrival of Fibre will be something that won't happen in the foreseeable future, never mind 21CN  Roll eyes

It's worth bearing in mind that Gavin is the CEO for Retail though, who have no bearing on the rolling out of 21cn/Fibre, so he's probably not the best person to be talking about/answering that.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

But he did specifically mention the ongoing roll-out of Fibre (I was distracted by other things while he was on but I think I heard a figure of 90% of the UK being mentioned in relation to this).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

I suspect most of us are aware of that James, I just think it well reflects BT Groups attitude where the motivation is clearly nothing more than a quick profit.
@w23 don't recall what the figure was, but for some reason 80% sticks in my mind. Someone will have to check it on iPlayer!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Anotherone
He was also asked how people were going to get this service when theycouldn't even get decent broadband, to which his response was about how they rolled-out Fibre services blah blah blah.

Not that old chestnut again..
When i was with BTInternet years ago for anytime dialup (which was obviously rigged as it was useless) they played the same card then - upgrade to broadband and it will solve all of your connection problems. Problems that were imposed by BT in order to try and extract more cash from the uninformed. Considering the phone line was apparently so unable to cope it came as no surprise that Freeserve worked very reliably when I switched.
I would never trust BT as an ISP again. Honestly I'd rather try TalkTalk than  try BT again. In comparison to BT Plusnet are saints even though BT own them.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!