Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gatwick Airport & Drones

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Gatwick Airport & Drones

@shutter That's the problem, too much info in the public domain. It's alright saying, digital data, dna etc but how long as the drone been there? Days, weeks, months........ The Police would be better off keeping quiet, quietly gathering the evidence, instead it's a "we must have our social media say" broadcasted to everyone, including the people behind this.

I can see why there are calls for an inquiry Problem I've noticed is inquiries tend to kick any conclusions into the long grass.

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@gleneagles wrote:

Plenty of research has been done regarding picking out from photographs which ones are the criminals only to find that most people are completely wrong.

This is true but what you forget to make clear is that just because they have no criminal convictions does not mean that they are completely innocent of wrong doing.

I've known loads of dodgy looking people over the years and every single one of them has been dodgy in some way shape or form. Whether that be untrustworthy, criminal activity, a pot stirrer or some other negative quality, they've all been dodgy in some way.

So you're right in that it doesn't make someone a criminal but it also doesn't make them innocent. An example being that a guy i work with looked dodgy, sure enough just days ago he was suspended - management found a supply of something belonging to him in the workplace. Nice enough guy but his face has always looked shady and it came about. He's not going to get prosecuted in reality but he's certainly not innocent either.

Even if the police do get involved with dodgy peoples sins, they can't always prosecute for lack of evidence etc.

I've always dealt with people by the personality on their face. I've never once been wrong. It's got me through a lot of scrapes over the years too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@idonno wrote:

Gets even better, now maybe no drone at all.

We'll be the laughing stock of the world. The ruskies will certainly never take us seriously again when our police forces pump out allegations of russian assassins etc - they'll just claim our police are wrong again "like that time with the drone at Gatwick".

What have we become..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Seems the 2 drones found are nothing to do with the current lines of inquiry.

latest news

Two drones found near the airport have been ruled out of being involved.

Bad news to give out eureka moments ahead of time.

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Fixes: 331

Now we have a report of an alleged drone over Heathrow causing departures to be suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46803713

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 28

@ 18:40 just checked FR24 site  and I see two BA flights have departed within two mins of each other.  Air Astana just taking off now, seems to be 30 mins delayed.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BAW85Q/1f1e5969