Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas/Leccy firms

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Gas/Leccy firms

Anyone heard of these lot ? GB Energy Supply Limited https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk
On martin lewis they show as being the cheapest
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Gas/Leccy firms

Never heard of them before:
We're a new company

Is it it a variable or fixed tariff you are thinking about switching to? Watch out for leaving costs as well.
I've been happy with First Util for past few years, I keep moving to a cheaper long term contract for free with them, the "savings" moving are minimal over a year, like £30.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I'm with Ovo Energy, I prefer the indie suppliers, means they're not in it for the rich bigwig shareholders of the domineering energy co's... Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I signed up to Extra energy about a year ago as they were the holders of the title , cheapest energy company, at that time, however they are a poor company, never answer emails, ages to get through on the phone and their web site needs sorting out as you enter current readings it just takes you back to the home page.
I guess a lot of these small companies are cheap because they employ the minimum of staff and the cheapest of systems to keep costs down and at start up they may even be taking a small loss to get their customer base up, what you can be certain of is that they will not remain the cheapest for long.
The only solution for customers using most companies these days is to keep on the move, insurance companies & ISP's are prime examples.
Community Veteran

how much time and effort do people expend each year scratching around trying to find the best deal, only to find that it all evens out to much of a muchness at the end?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@artificer,
Can't agree with you on that one, for some people £50 is nothing but to others it's a good saving, to be honest I would not change for that sum but things like car insurance saved me £120 as a result of changing.
I guess it might depent on how rich you are, equally some people are rich because they look for the best bargains.
Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

Personally I look for a bargain, but when it comes to power/gas I want stability as well. That's why I got for long term accounts. I pay more but I know it will not go up for 12/24 months etc. Car insurance I always check for a better price & cash back where possible. However it can bite you on the b*m as well doing that. I used Hastings a couple of years ago and after a MINOR accident (small bash on wing) they wrote my car off, I asked for it to be returned to me as it was still a good car, but when it was it had been in a further accident causing major damage, it took ages to get that sorted out. Now with CIS (after many many years) and they were the cheapest and had cash back (still waiting for that and it is due again next month)
Community Veteran

with vehicle insurance i'd agree that shopping around can make a huge difference, but these energy company offers seem like a come on to not a lot.
Community Veteran

I shopped around this year for the first time for many years. Went with First Utility and I am paying nearly £30 a month less than my previous supplier. I will certainly shop around again when my fixed term comes to an end. Wink
Fixes: 105

we saved quite a lot from shopping around on energy suppliers.
Will Moderate For Thanks
St3
All Star

I'm with E-on at the moment and they have offered me the fixed 1 year v16 but I'm not making any savings, so I was thinking of switching.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
St3
All Star

First utility say I "could" save £240 if I switch to them for 1 year fixed
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

If you are going to switch to First then drop me a pm first could you.
St3
All Star

so I can use your referrel link Tongue
Seams some customers are happy going from this link https://www.facebook.com/pages/First-Utility/616163088415619
They complain of little support .... kinda puts me off
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

My only experience of First Utility was when I joined them. The online process was very good and a few telephone calls from me were dealt with well.
I get a monthly email from them asking for my meter readings and I have had no trouble with passing these to them.
I won't offer you a referral link Wink but uswitch is offering £22 through TopCashback at present.