cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin Etrex Summit HC

Community Veteran

Garmin Etrex Summit HC

I bought one of these some time ago. I have to say that I was very impressed with the accuracy on Saturday when standing at the top of Ben Nevis (pictured).
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Garmin Etrex Summit HC

They are very accurate these days, I have one of the cheaper Garmin versions (no map display) but it is accurate to within 7 or 8 feet ! (even in a dense forest)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

anybody in a 4X4 Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

No 4x4's, that would just be cheating!  Roll eyes
I actually found the climb really easy. I was paranoid about struggling up Ben Nevis so I have been at the 2789ft summit of Sleive Donard near here almost every week for most of the year. That definitely paid off on Saturday!
Community Veteran

Did you get Britain's highest Geocache while you were up there?
Community Veteran

I am not into Geocaching. I had never even heard of it until storm chasing in the States last year. Is there one up Ben Nevis then?
Community Veteran

Two in fact, one for summer and one for winter (All through they only count as one). I would be surprised if there is not one within a mile of were you are sitting now.
Done a couple tonight within 1/2 a mile of the hotel am staying in. Its a bit addictive, so watch out if you did give it a try.
You have the equipment, so what are you waiting for?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

climbed up a mountain today as shown on my old  E-trex H, made the old girl puff a bit, it was cold and windy, but fabulous clear, turned round to look where had been and the mountain tops were covered in mist, its was raining before we got down
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just downloded my trip from the I-gotU logger