cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening.........problems

jmd
Grafter

Gardening.........problems

well, as it approaching weekend and spring has sprung [well it was lovely today but snow is forecast!] I would like some help with a gardening matter?
I bought some of this Lawn weed and feed as my small back lawn has some wonderful varieties of dock, dandelions, daisies etc.  It says to use when ground is dry and will be so for 3 days....................... how with this weather do I work out when I should sprinkle it across the ground? Roll eyes
I put some on last week but it has not done anything yet................. mainly I suppose as it rained the next day but now the granules are in little clumps[that don't look very nice] and have not gone to the ground even with rain!
any sensible suggestions welcomed - those that are not sensible but enjoyable are permitted....................... Smiley
52 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Gardening.........problems

Looks like they are promising snow for Sunday so my lawn cutting will have to wait Angry

Did I mention I was going to bed early tonight......
Well I am.....starting now Kiss
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Josie
Keep your eye on this site.... 7 day forecast is pretty accurate.... put in your post code in box top left and then forecast is before you !  Cheesy Wink
http://www.weatherbonk.com/
or alternatively
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/
both work pretty well.. Cheesy Wink Cheesy
Put them in your "favourite/bookmark" list
jmd
Grafter

Thanks - that weatherbonk site was mentioned by Pierre at some lenght a few weeks ago....................
as well as weather knowledge I would like to know what else to do with the weeds decorating lawn!
oh, and have a good night strat................
Community Veteran

Depending on how many you have per square yard...... and how many square yards of lawn you have altogether..... hands and knees, dig them out, one by one.  in the case of dandelions, get some "roundup" and carefully pour a teaspoonful on the crown of the plant, (remove the central stalk first, to make it easier).... do not spill it on the rest of the lawn, or you will probably end up laying a patio instead ! ! Cheesy Grin
suggestion for the "dig em out" job..... make up a square yard from some odd bits of wood, or garden canes, and then only work on one or two square yards at a time....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

get a rabbit in a cage with a net bottom Crazy
jmd
Grafter

I have never seen rabbits with net bottoms? Cheesy Crazy
Community Veteran

get a rabbit in a cage

Which will probably only eat the grass, and leave the weeds alone ! ! Grin Grin Grin  Well, which would you choose, if you were a rabbit?  Cheesy Roll eyes Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

of course they have
I have never seen rabbits with net bottoms?

How do you think their woopsies come out in small round balls Shocked
Bob_Milton
Grafter

I think that shutter should ask his sons-in-law for the answer to that.
jmd
Grafter

why? Huh
Community Veteran

Yes, Josie, I agree...... Why?  Sad Huh Roll eyes Undecided
jmd
Grafter

Bob must know something you don't know shutter - very strange.....................
Anyway, I am not buying rabbits with net bottoms - I do not want to deal with their "woopsies" as Pierre puts it................... Shocked Shocked
Community Veteran

and he`s keeping it to himself...... which is what pierre should do with his " woopsies "  ! ! Grin Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

Josie, Just checked out the weather for Worksop for the next 7 days
tomorrow  (Friday)  dry all day
Saturday                  dry til about 10:00 then rain expected to last till about 16:00
Sunday                    dry til about 16:00 then sleet/snow expected for rest of evening
Monday                    dry all day
Tuesday                  sunshine all day long
Wednesday              dry all day
Thursday                  dry all day.....

So it looks as though Wednesday afternoon, or Thursday will be a good day for putting down your powder stuff if it needs three dry days before...... or Monday afternoon, or Tuesday if it needs three dry days after .....