Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gagging Law

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Gagging Law

Dear friends,
Have a look at this. I've just signed a petition asking Lords to vote to fix the gagging law.
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/gagging-law-vote
The government announced plans to water down key parts of their gagging law. It’s not enough, but
it is progress. If we keep the pressure up now, there’s a real chance we can get further big
changes.
Lords gather for one of their last debates to vote on the gagging law next Wednesday. Lord Harries
– one of the key Lords trying to stop this threat to democracy – is tabling amendments which would
help protect freedom of speech. We need to help him win those votes.
A big petition will help Lord Harries win. He will carry it into the debating chamber - and
announce the total signatures - right before the debate starts. Our signatures will prove to
wavering peers that the public is against this threat to democracy.
Can you sign a new last-minute petition to asking Lords to vote the right way?
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/gagging-law-vote
Thanks,
MC
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Gagging Law

Quite happy to support that but a number of those in top posts want as many gagging orders as possible as they have the most to lose if they are caught doing things they should not be doing.
It's like the old saying, "Do Turkeys vote for Christmas?"
It OK for the public to be signing petitions but who cares what the public want ?
Research suggests that most people would want us to come out of the common market but who cares what we want, Labour and Liberals will not even give us the opportunity to vote on it and even Cameron is messing about on this subject and there can be no guarantee that even if the Tories win the next election we will get any say.
But yes I support the petition.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Gagging Law

Already signed!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)