Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gadgets

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Gadgets

Strat is a man that likes gadgets.... and by chance I came across this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-1-Binocular-Built-Digital-Camera-Camcorder-/230564172193?pt=UK_Photography_B...
made me wonder,  all those of you gadget mad people, what is the best gadget you have bought.... what does it do for you... and is it really worth it?
also.... what is the worst gadget you bought, and why...?

(I have no knowledge of the above gadget...... so don`t ask.... ! )
Here`s one for Pierre.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7dayshop-Vehicle-Bike-Camcorder-Micro-SD-4GB-Card-/260720879671?pt=UK_AudioTVE...
check out the video review further down the page...

am tempted myself ! ! !  3 hours recording time....
14 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Gadgets

looks OK in picture
But 10x42 bins
700k image
both next to useless
N/A

Here is my latest little gadget. Very pleased as it has preset stations and I can listen as I walk the Cairns.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Roberts has been a good British radio company, bet this didnt originate in the UK, but looks good
My bottom range Nokia smart phone has FM radio, MP3  and photo slide show, kept my 93Y mum quite for a few mins yesterday, it also has a camera to take settlement photo for shutter Grin
Community Veteran

It's got to be my Ipod Touch - music, games and wifi access.
John
N/A

Roberts has been a good British radio company,

Yes, that is one of the reasons why I bought it.  They are made here in South Yorkshire not far from where I live (according to OH).
Fixes: 47

I had a Roberts radio many years ago, solid wood box with rear hinged opening for the battery.......and now the exact same radio is available with up to date spec Cool
My favourite gadget has to be my Kindle just now seconded by my weather station.
Various PDAs have to come near the bottom of the list and now languish in a drawer.
I also recently bought a pedometer (£4.50 from tesco) which is undergoing field trials Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Fixes: 104

the wife.
/coat
Will Moderate For Thanks

Quote from: adiewoo
/coat

.....a fast car and an open road if she finds out Cheesy
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: adiewoo
the wife.
I'd thought about posting "SWMBO" but decided to wait  Roll eyes
Sh

You people like living on the edge don't you Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Time to acquire an au-pair perhaps...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

got one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/gps-travel-tracker-227620?ordercode=a41jf&c=email-newsletter&u=11p02-1-a41jf...

not as big as it look 5x3.5x3.5 cm
results below
no trouble doing long journeys either, Braintree  to Newcastle
and it matches the time with taken photos, the adds the location to the Exif data on the picture
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I love gadgets too! How come no-one ever sends me recommendations eh? Wink
The bioculars are a clever idea but I somehow doubt at that price that the digital camera is much good or that it has the same zoon as the binoculars themselves. Still a cool idea though.
I think the best gadget I've had recently was my 3G dongle - the Huawei E1550. I always found usb a bit boring to be honest.. all it ever seemed to be useful for was usb disk drives, scanners and printers. I could always see usb had the potential for other uses but there seemed to be nothing 'cool' out there. I never imagined wireless broadband through a dongle so naturally when it came around it was only a matter of time until I caved in and bought one. I think it was the single greatest thing I've bought for a few years.
Other cool things are the U3 dongle which emulates a CD-Rom drive allowing you to write your own .iso images for autoplaying. Pretty cool idea how they emulate a hub and virtual CD. The 3G dongle also does this (hence its impressive auto setup and install) and has space for a microSD card too. Now imagine running Apache, Mysql etc from a 3G dongle  Cheesy
The Rii mini is also great.
Moons ago I used to have TONS of gadgets.. now I seem to have very few Sad
The worst I've had was a mobile - the LG Shine. Nice looking and the camera quality was excellent (Carl Zeiss? lens) but the phone ring volume and signal was absolutely appalling.
On my wanted one day list is a iphone as they seem to have a lot of potential with the custom apps feature and internet access.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
David_W
Rising Star

My Nokia N900, it's the best phone I've ever owned and has amazing features.  It has a built in radio transmitter so if I'm in a car I can turn that on and tune the car radio into my phone.  It runs Debian Linux (it can also run OSX and Windows if it really wanted) so any software which is available for Linux with source can be compiled to work on my mobile.  It's got a nice 5MP camera with Carl Zeis lens, resistive touch screen so I can use my finger or a stylus, plus a real keyboard.  I can hook it up to my PC and telnet into my phone using Putty, and it supports IPV6 (except the browser, oddly), plays flash, well, it does everything Linux can do basically, and can even run a PSOne emulator to play old Playstation games - oh, and it makes phone calls.
Of course, as a gaming system it'll lose out to a dedicated machine like my PSP or DS but as a machine that'll let me do whatever I want with it (including turning the camera flash into a torch) it's without a doubt, awesome, plus it can run Android if I feel like messing with it.
Ohh it even has an app which tells you how high you can throw your mobile, not tested it yet, I think throwing your phone into the air as high as possible is generally a bad idea.