cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaddafi Dead

Community Veteran

Gaddafi Dead

Reports from the NTC in Libya state that gaddafi has been killed.  He was captured earlier today and died shortly after.
Gaddafi
Gaddafi 2
16 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Gaddafi Dead

We're still waiting for absolute proof he is dead.
There are some pretty gruesome pictures about but no solid proof.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Here are some pictures released of his capture.
Pictures

This'll see a substantial drop in fuel prices........what do you mean, no chance?
Community Veteran

Sorry Strat but what are you referring to?

Gaddafi dead. Supplies of Libyan oil back on stream to the world markets.
More available oil = lower prices.
Community Veteran

I can't say I take any pleasure from seeing the one time "friend" of the west, and Tony Blair, slaughtered like a mad dog.
Best that can be said is that in avoiding a trial many politicians have been saved from yet more embarrassment. The same happened to Bin Laden even though it was clear he must have had valuable intelligence on terrorist activity.
And the people dragging Gaddafi's corpse around, they're going to bring peace and tranquillity to Libya?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

So the UN wants a inquiry into the circumstances of Gaddafi's death...
To take a totally cynical view; one can imagine a bunch of poor international lawyers having been deprived of the vast income of years of legal wrangling regarding a trial of Bin Laden; were probably planning extensions to their mansions on the strength of years of legal wrangling when Gaddafi was captured and brought to trial.
All they have to look forward to now is the years of legal wrangling surrounding an inquiry.
No wonder they want an inquiry.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
And the people dragging Gaddafi's corpse around, they're going to bring peace and tranquillity to Libya?
  Well they are well armed, motivated with power and eemingly little or no moral responsibility......scary!
The brutal treatment and subsequent murder of Gaddafi by the "rebels" compounded by lying officials trying to cover it up is no different to what was being done by Gaddaffi and his cronies in the past.
Nothing much seems to have been changed by this civil war in Libya
nadger
Rising Star

Do any of us really have the right to comment as we have no concept of what it was like living under a regime like Gaddafi's.
So someone put a  9mm to his temple, so what!
Community Veteran

@nadger, I have to agree with you.  It was an oppressive regime the people were living under and their reactions are only to be expected.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Libya is one of Europe's nearest neighbours and should be an economic partner.
What we dont want is a failed state and a haven for militant Muslim extremeists on our doorstep  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

I'm sure the West will be doing all in its power to ensure Libya looks in our direction.  Once a government is established there will be many business opportunities that we will be keen to get involved with.
Steve
Pro

After watching all the videos regarding this man's demise I find It absolutely barbaric how his life ended, Way to go Libya If that's your future.
Community Veteran

I don't condone their behaviour but I can understand it.  He tortured many of his own people over many years and perhaps his end was predictable.