cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRRR multiple posible psu failure today

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

GRRR multiple posible psu failure today

Just before 11 my net connection went down, my switch had "died", wiggled all the connections and it came back on. Smiley

Then after 12 it went down completely, 9V psu gone. Search of house turns up multiple psu's whoever no 9v ones.Lips are sealed

So strip cable and hook it up to my bench psu, back in the game! Cheesy

Ordered replacement from China, as UK ones were in the range where a new switch was almost cheaper! Crazy

Then this pm my pi radio in the bathroom wouldn't startup. Hmm psu againHuh?? Nope just a loose usb connection on the power. Must have gotten tugged somehow. It was still in the socket just not fully.

So wonder what else will go today?

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: GRRR multiple posible psu failure today

PSU failure at Adair Towers yesterday.  I had to tell SWMBO to get back on the bike and carry on peddling.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

And yet, I had a POS generator success today, guess things in life have to balance out I suppose... Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well with quality like that at Hairy Biker towers maybe those grills aren't such a great idea lol

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 210

My colleague also had a PSU failure today, he had to move PCs. Hopefully we'll get a brand shiny new one soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

When I was working in London we had a PSU incident in the Account Dept.  The FD had a rule that the IT Dept had to charge the owning Dept for PC maintenance.  On the trading floor we'd take away and clean each PC every 6 months. The FD refused, on the grounds of cost, for us to do the same in his own department.

One PC got so clogged up with dust the PSU caught alight and the accounts dept was evacuated. After the fire brigade departed the FD called me and asked why we'd not maintained the PC. A copy of his memo soon shut him up.  

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.