cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GP Patient Survey

Fixes: 47

GP Patient Survey

I received a letter yesterday and upon opening it I had in my hand an NHS GP Patient Survey questionnaire.
The first question was 'how easy did you find it to get into the building at your GP surgery'.
I've only been to the doctor's once since I left home over 40 years ago so the first question should have been 'when did you last visit the doctor' Crazy
Fortunately the questionnaire is voluntary.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
16 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: GP Patient Survey

We had one of those too, but it wasn't addressed to me so I didn't look at it.
Will Moderate For Thanks
StickyMick
Grafter

Just for fun. Why not answer "It was quite easy once I forced the hinge on the back window" Cheesy
I've probably had six of those surveys in the last 3 weeks. I keep taking them back and explaining that I've already filled one in and returned it, but I still keep getting the beggars Roll eyes
Community Veteran

We had one when we went to the doctors and you had to fill it in after you had seen the doctor to say how they did and how you range the receptionist. As you have to hand it in at the surgery its intimidating as if you say they were less than perfect what happens next time you go?
Community Veteran

Got one yesterday, sent it back today.
As I hadn't been inside 6 months most questions were irrelevant.
(but I am a regular with a chronic condition, it's just that I haven't been in the last 6 months....)

Quote from: samuria
what happens next time you go?

You'd probably get a frosty reception at reception Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: StickyMick
Just for fun. Why not answer "It was quite easy once I forced the hinge on the back window" Cheesy
I've probably had six of those surveys in the last 3 weeks. I keep taking them back and explaining that I've already filled one in and returned it, but I still keep getting the beggars Roll eyes

You could also add..... "..... but the drugs cabinet was really difficult !  Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Update:
I ignored the 1st questionnaire so they have sent me another one today Crazy
I've emailed them asking how they expect me to truthfully answer questions about something I know very little or nothing about. ( no sarcastic comments please Roll eyes )
I have offered to randomly tick boxes.
Fixes: 125

Would it, perhaps, be better to use the money spent on these surveys to improve the service anyway?
Yes, I know they need to find out where to improve the service but, surely, a table with a polite notice asking you to voluntarily fill out an anonymous form as you exit the doctor's would be sufficient. Mostly those with a grievance would write anything anyway.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
surely, a table with a polite notice asking you to voluntarily fill out an anonymous form as you exit the doctor's would be sufficient.

Absolutely not. It would be a totally meaningless statistic. And God knows there are enough of those already.
As a mathematician (Chartered Matematician etc. etc.) I can assure you it really isn't that easy to get an answer of any value.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Yep.  I've had 2 of these so far as well.  The 1st one was filled in and returned the same day as I received it
Phil
Community Veteran

Quote from: HPsauce
As a mathematician (Chartered Matematician etc. etc.) I can assure you it really isn't that easy to get an answer of any value.

Didn't learn to spell though, too busy leaning the times tables Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

hello Mate Roll eyes
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
Quote from: HPsauce

Didn't learn to spell though, too busy leaning the times tables Grin

If @hpsauce was leaning his time tables probably why he could make a good statistician as he can make the results to his preference.  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

might have got this wrong, but arnt there.
Liars
Dam Liars
Absolute liars
and Statisticians