Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GB News

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

GB News

Well, I am disappointed....  NO Subtitles.

SHOCKING .... DISGUSTING... I thought this guy would have known better than to alienate new viewers to his new news channel...

Ah Well...

Back to the Daily Mail, then.... 

9 REPLIES 9
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: GB News

@shutter 

I'd not over concern yourself as with live news any subtitles are out of sync anyway and make very little sense.  Like me, just  get those head-phones on and turn the volume up. 

🙂

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
shutter
Community Veteran

Not always convenient... and not always effective...  Been reading subs for about 30 years now, so it`s almost 2nd nature.

Live news should not present any problems with todays tech...  especially for a NEW station set up properly with the latest tech.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Oh I totally agree @shutter  but I have yet to see (or hear) any live news where the sound is in sync not only with what is being said, but what has been said. Even the BBC with their massive budget courtesy of our licence fees cannot manage it and I cannot imagine unless they delayed the transmission of the image how it could be done - and I don't see that happening... even if it is to accommodate the 25% of UK such as ourselves that are hard of hearing.

Thomas A. Edison
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Complaint to your local MP, Ofcom and GBN - I agree it bloody disgrace! Come on it 21st century and UK have million of hard of hearing and deafness. Fed up with this country as ofcom / government doesn't care! In USA, by law - all television live must required to have subtitled closed caption (CC)

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Did you have to do a retune to get this channel?  There is no 236 on my list but I've noticed certain other channels appearing without any retuning on my part.

shutter
Community Veteran

@Jonpe   no..  I did not retune..... just punched in the number on the remote.... and there it was ! ..Cheesy

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Jonpe wrote:

Did you have to do a retune to get this channel?  There is no 236 on my list but I've noticed certain other channels appearing without any retuning on my part.

I had to retune my tv to get it.

On another note, I see the snowdrops have been at it and the likes of Koppaberg, Grolsch, Ikea and Nivea have pulled their advertising 🙄

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not finding it on my Panasonic despite retuning.

Not that bothered though as I can catch it easily enough on YouTube.

Watching Roger Daltrey being interviewed... was he a bit Brahms and Liszt?

Thomas A. Edison
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

Despite looking forward to the channel starting to broadcast I've not had chance to watch much of it so far, but I've been slightly disappointed with what I'll generously call teething troubles.

I've noticed lip sync between audio and video is out sometimes (at least for me) and they keep making little errors like microphones not being turned on or the mixer being at the wrong volume etc. etc.