cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G & E fixed price tariff

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

G & E fixed price tariff

Opted for a fixed price tariff for Gas &Electric until November 2016.
Electric      standing charge  23.073          unit rate    11.626
Gas          standing charge  14.613        unit rate      2.968
Company.  Extra energy.
I can not understand why they have figures up to 3 decimal places, why not just round it up to the nearest whole number.
Do these charges seem reasonable when compared to what you are currently paying ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: G & E fixed price tariff

For my area they quoted numbers a bit less but would save me about £170 per year - and appear to be one of the cheapest ones
Which don't seem too happy with Customer Service http://www.which.co.uk/energy/saving-money/reviews-ns/energy-companies-reviewed/best-and-worst-energ... neither do Money Supermarket  http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/utilities/suppliers/extra-energy/reviews/41/0/1/1/0/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Problem is that the cost varies depending on where you live.
Mine will be different to yours & Jim's we can't really compare them.
The best way is using the price comparison rate they quote for a tariff.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 53

Best way to compare energy prices is to use a comparison site or two and enter your last year's real usage. And then look at the total cost figures, ignoring the so called savings or the direct debit monthly amount.
Prices vary by region so the firm you use maybe uncompetitive in my region or not even trade there.
To me, the prices you posted are higher than those I pay but I managed to find 2 good deals( 1 for each service) which were cheaper than 1 dual fuel tariff.
It is always worth looking at gas and electric deals in addition to the dual fuel and see if you can reduce your annual amount by having 2 suppliers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the  responses.
Finding the cheapest supplier is not as straightforward as it would appear and as you all point out what they charge in one part of the country might differ from another area, add to that there are so many tafiff's even with the same company which can change on a regular basis it would almost seem to be impossible to be on the best deal for a full year.
Must admit I am not all that bothered about paying an extra £20 or £30 extra a year simply because I have not got the best deal but when that extra gets into 3 figures then it's a different story.
Smiley
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I got a great deal via martin lewis`s website cheapengeryclub Smiley
I was paying this with E-on and this is about the same they offered me for another 12 months if i stopped with them .... yes a saving of nothing really.
Electricity Unit rate: Normal 14.301p per kWh
Standing charge: 16.422p per day
Gas Unit rate: Normal 4.039p per kWh
Standing charge: 21.903p per day
Then i join cheapenergyclub with martin lewis and he offers me this with the same company..
E.ON MSE Fixed 1 Collective Sept 2015
Electricity Unit rate: Normal 10.500p per kWh
Standing charge: 16.422p per day per day
Gas Unit rate: Normal 2.972p per kWh
Standing charge: 21.903p per day
So a nice little saving on the unit rates each month ( 12 month fixed ) .. PLUS £30 Cashback from Energyclub in 3-6 months into the deal.
Ive been with E-on a long time now and when i spoke to them they could not match or beat the deal HuhHuh And e-on often send me e-mails saying the following " Price Alert service We will find you the best deal " LOL
It pays off to shop around, and like his website states " there is no discounts for loyalty " and i think we all see this with everything these days!
Martin lewis also offer some tips on keeping warm at winter Wink http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/energy-saving-myths
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970