cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furore over removal of 'Easter' from egg hunt

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Furore over removal of 'Easter' from egg hunt

This article on the BBC is the PM's input on this story, but why are people going mad over this, I can see the logic in the removing of the word ‘Easter’ as not everyone is a Christian but may still want to take part in the hunt.

22 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Furore over removal of 'Easter' from egg hunt

Well, they could always call it the  "Scientifically impossible rabbit egg droppings hunt", after all, a rabbit that lays chocolate eggs must be a miracle of science... Funny

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@twocvbloke, that's an option, but not only can the rabbit make egg shaped (and foil wrapped) chocolate dropping s/he can also ride a bicycle as well; that to be fair is a neat trick on its own!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The NT and Kraft Cadbury were obviously afraid of offending the followers of the Saxon Goddess Eastra who celebrate the Spring at this time of the year.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Hero

Nothing logical about Easter or being Christian either @Mook, it's just become part of our tradition - and what's wrong with that? Next thing you know people will want to scrub out the days of the weeks, the months, and even the word holiday!

I'm not of any faith but let's have some common sense Cadbury. Crazy2

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Anonymous
N/A

What a lot of fuss about nothing. Perhaps Mrs May or any others who are outraged by this could point out where in the bible it mentions anything about hiding chocolate eggs.

And Mrs May would do well to express a little more outrage at the cuts her government are making.

Fixes: 125

Do they have these egg hunts at any other time of the yearWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Minivanman wrote:

Next thing you know people will want to scrub...holiday!

That's a good point. Should we replace the word holiday with the American option of vacation.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

With Easter removed it becomes nothing more than a cheap advertising exercise by cadburys.

But maybe that's their whole point.

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

@billnotben Totally agree!

As a churchgoer I am somewhat disappointed until I consider that things like egg hunts,and egg themselves are but a secular adjunct to a religious festival. I'd rather the festival be given more prominence. Still, call the event what you will, let the kids have fun.

I see no need to go OTT, as have some. Cancel NT subscription; how ridiculous is that? I'd only go that far, if I ceased to believe in what it existed for. More reasonable could be to boycott Cadbury products like Nestle's were once for what good it would do, and the problems in doing so with large groups, whose reach is everywhere into everything. Is not to be thought about.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

@notinmyname

Give the lady a break, she was just being asked her opinion. What would you have said?

As for being in that bible trust me, it'll be in there somewhere - along with being put to death for having 'a bit on the side' Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Mav wrote:

Do they have these egg hunts at any other time of the yearWink

I take it you don't have a field with free range chickens and thickets of bramble/blackberry bushes. Back in the day, my parents had a chicken farm. Mum trained the pet dog to go in the bushes and retrieve eggs and return without breaking them.  That hunt occurred around the calendar.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 125

@AlaricAdair

But not chocolate eggsWink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

_95455442_eggcadburynew

It says 'Easter Hunt' in the top menu, and then 'Enjoy Easter Fun' on the page itself?!?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

As it says in the article it was previously called "Easter Egg Trial" but now cadbury has replaced Easter as in "Cadbury's Great British Egg Hunt".