cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny crossovers

David_W
Rising Star

Funny crossovers

Something light and funny, crossovers between two stories, be they books, films or anything really which would make a fantastic storyline but are never going to happen for obvious reasons.
The first one I can think of is Van Helsing crossover with Twilight, where Van Helsing goes around doing his usual vampire killing techniques on the cast of Twilight, vegetarian vampires?  No problem, this steak isn't made of steak, it's made of Tofu!
Darwins a theory of natural evolution meets Discworld, where Darwin gets stumped in trying to figure out what Trolls and Nobby Nobs evolved from.
Friends meets Saw 7, the group of twenty somethings get invited to a party, in an old house where... yeah, I can't watch Saw, my mother loves it though.
8 REPLIES
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Funny crossovers

Top Gear meets The Magic Roundabout, and the lads decide to see how fast a roundabout can really go. Dylan is pretty laid back about it, Dougal is furious, Ermintrude is throwing up all over the place, and Florence thinks Richard is quite cute, and can't wait for Zebedee's closing words. Jeremy appears to have trodden on a snail.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Boing. !  zebedee said............. "it`s time for bed" 
(if I remember rightly !)
Community Veteran

Can you remember the Magic Roundabout sketch, on the TV series 'Warship' about 30+ years ago, on board the old Ark Royal  Wink
better out than in said Ermintrude.................
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Can't recall that, Mal. I do remember Jasper Carrott's spoof single in '75 being banned by the BBC - helped sales enormously.

Edit: link added
Community Veteran

I tried to find it on youtube but no joy
But it was the series that used 'Sailing' by Rod Stewart as the intro music
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Ah, I know the series you mean now, though I didn't see any of them.
Community Veteran

We are Sailing video
pierre_pierre
Grafter

The Ark Royal Documentary was actually made in 1976, 6 years before the Falklands - Rod Stewart was in his 'Baby Jane' phase by then. Sailing was released as a hit single in 1975 and was re-released again the following year and was agin a hit. It was the perfect school disco last dance - not that I had any success with it...