cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funding Political Parties

idlewis
Grafter

Funding Political Parties

I am not sure this has already be raised but in Scotland two Senior politicians have been trying to auction themselves for lunch in the Scottish Parliament to raise money for the forthcoming election campaign.  This highlights problems that how expensive elecion campaign is for political parties and far they have to do  stay in politics.
Funding political parties is a debate we need to have because they need money somehow so that they can stay in politics to get elected so that they can change change society as not all parties have been through the expenses mire like the smaller parties afterall what will happen if they are no political parties? Would people like to be in a society where there are no governments?
I am a branch membership secretary with one of the smaller parties and it is very difdficult to get people interested and fund either my current political party or my previous one where the two in question are the leading lights.  I know them well during my time and they are the not the type who would do something like this unless it is a last resort.
I know people are toying the idea about whether taxpayers should politicat parties or not but we need to ask ourselves Do we want political parties and if so how do we fund them?