cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel Pump Assesses your Personality.

Fixes: 47

Fuel Pump Assesses your Personality.

Technology is imminent into the UK that allows fuel stations to adjust pump prices up to 10 times a day depending on factors such as time, day, customer numbers and even the type of driver.

https://www.petrolprices.com/fuel-to-cost-more-at-peak-times/

Edit: Typo in title corrected.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
30 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Fuel Pump Accesses your Personality.

Meanwhile...... Morrisons are giving 5p off every litre of fuel, when you spend £40.00 or more in store..

that`s equivalent to £2.25 per gallon..... 

( Its a short lived promotion, so check out the dates on the promo boards outside )...

Community Veteran

Strat wrote:

even the type of driver.

So when I go to fill up I'll have dress in rags and make sure my car is well muddy.

Any big supermarket chain doing this will lose shop customers as well as fuel customers. How could anyone ever believe that they are getting their weekly shop at a good price when they are being fleeced on the petrol forecourt?

billnotben wrote:

Any big supermarket chain doing this will lose shop customers as well as fuel customers.

Well one is seriously considering it. I wonder which?

One of the leading supermarket brands is close to signing an agreement and will likely be the first to launch.

Community Veteran

Strat wrote:

Well one is seriously considering it. I wonder which?

But....... unless they are exposed will we notice. Already the fuel is a different price every time I put some in. I've even passed a station meaning to get some as I pass again on the way back then to find the price has gone up.

Anonymous
N/A

shutter wrote:

Meanwhile...... Morrisons are giving 5p off every litre of fuel, when you spend £40.00 or more in store..

that`s equivalent to £2.25 per gallon..... 

@shutter Did you go to the same school as Diane Abbott by any chance? As far as I recall, 1 gallon is around 4.54 litres, so more like 22.5p off per gallon.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It`s a long long long long time since I went to skool.... and we didn`t have kalkillators then... so  I blame it on modern technology...  ! 

perhaps I was considering a tank full of 10 gallons.. Cheesy

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Accessing personality?  Is that some form of mind control?

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Fixes: 125

Personality - My prices will soon reach rock bottomCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Some years ago there was talk of reducing prices at quiet times of the day so that the time-rich/cash-poor (e.g. pensioners) could save a few pounds.  I suppose on-line shopping means that the time-poor/cash-rich don't go to supermarkets very often so the idea was shelved.

It isn't only petrol prices that are subject to fluctuation; a certain brand of shaving foam that I used for many years would go up and down in price every week it seemed.  It was usually 95p, then 99p, 82p, £1.05, 79p, and so on until it eventually disappeared from the shelves altogether.  None of the prices were labelled as special offers so I wonder what 'magic ingredient' caused the wide fluctuations.

Fixes: 125

Was good when they shaved off a few pence but you needed razor-sharp wits to stay on top of those fluctuationsCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

AlaricAdair wrote:

Accessing personality?  Is that some form of mind control?

@AlaricAdair I have corrected my typo.

Minivanman
Hero

Re: Fuel Pump Assesses your Personality.

What a great idea and quite right, why should this shabby old pensioner and his ten year old Fiesta be charged the same as some young whippersnapper in a smart new 4x4 Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

billnotben wrote:

Strat wrote:

even the type of driver.

So when I go to fill up I'll have dress in rags and make sure my car is well muddy.

Any big supermarket chain doing this will lose shop customers as well as fuel customers. How could anyone ever believe that they are getting their weekly shop at a good price when they are being fleeced on the petrol forecourt?

@billnotben Good theory, Batman, but If the machine has wily worldly wisdom programmed in, it won't be deceived. The rich can look really scruffy. I know from time working for a bank in one of the most affluent areas of the S.E.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Hero

Ah, but there's rich scruffy and there's poor scruffy @Luzern

Surely you can spot the difference? Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.