Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuel Prices

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Fuel Prices

For the past few weeks, it has been reported that the price the fuel companies pay per barrel of oil has dropped significantly, yet the price of fuel at the pumps, has not followed suit... apart from a couple of supermarkets, who have dropped prices, as a part of their general promotion tactics.

There is a petition to the government that is now calling for a "Pump Watch" 

Please sign the petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/234072

Link corrected,... thanks @Anonymous

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fuel Prices

@shutter The correct link should be : https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/234072

shutter
Community Veteran

Corrected... ( original copied from my journey that way ! ! )

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Signature added but artificially high fuel prices are a big back door earner for the government so I don't see any action forthcoming unless a gun is held to their heads.

Even if prices did drop dramatically I expect some MP fool would only add some sort of "green" tax, for our own good of course.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Still trying to work out what stealth tax has been added so that diesel is now on average about 12p per litre more than petrol. Most difference I have seen was 17p per litre!! Motorway services, well, that is just another rip off Knuppel

shutter
Community Veteran

@Marksfish I have noticed that too..... one can assume, that the petrol companies, have some way of noticing that diesel sales have dropped, due to the VW crisis, and also the governement U turn on diesel being better for environment, etc... so they have increased the profit margin to compensate for their " loss " of income...

Sneaky bathtubs. ! Angry

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

@Marksfish wrote:

Still trying to work out what stealth tax has been added so that diesel is now on average about 12p per litre more than petrol. Most difference I have seen was 17p per litre!! Motorway services, well, that is just another rip off Knuppel

As most goods are transported by vans or lorries this must result in the consumer paying more for those goods

We are born into history and history is born into us.
artmo
Community Veteran

Before leaving the UK recently I was paying 120.0p a litre at my local Tesco. I'm now in the EU and paying 1.295 euros a litre so little difference. Fuel always used to be a lot cheaper on the continent but not now.