cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends Reunited

Fixes: 121

Friends Reunited

It seems that one of the first social media sites, Friends Reunited, is coming to an end according to an email I received this morning.
Not long ago I was approached by the FriendsReunited owners, to see if I wanted to take it back and try some new projects with it. It was evident that putting the site back to be more like its original form was not a service people would get excited about using again. The site is still used by a handful of members however it has become clear that the site is no longer really used for the purpose it was built for. For the site to continue it needs a complete re write and this is just not viable.
Therefore, it is with a heavy heart, that we have decided to close the service down. This will commence in the next month, We do recognise that people have a lot of old photos within their profiles on the site. We will therefore provide a link to allow you to login and download your photos. You will be receiveing an email in the coming months with further information on this.

I haven't used the site for some time and over the years only logged in to read some of the stories and view photos of my old school. Not surprised at its demise, though, with the likes of Facebook, Twitter, etc. none of which I am interested in

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Re: Friends Reunited

Yup Mav my old school has had a FB account for ages now
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

remember when ITV bought it for £120 million  Grin
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Then Brightsolid got it off them for £25 million 4 or 5 years later Grin
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

then 2 years later Brightsolid said it's value was somewhere around £5 million
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

the value of your investment may go down as well as up, you may not get back all the money you paid...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
Not surprised at its demise, though, with the likes of Facebook, Twitter, etc. none of which I am interested in

I don't use facebook either... i hear people talking about facebook apps, games and various other features as if its the only internet they know exists. Soon people like us who visit other websites will be known as old school as in the future people won't be aware that there is an "outside" internet  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
there is an "outside" internet  Wink

You mean there's an Internet outside of bulletin boards? Smiley