Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free milkshakes in Newcastle

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

Free milkshakes in Newcastle

I see Nigel has had a milkshake thrown at him in Newcastle. I know one who will be happyGrin

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

Re: Free milkshakes in Newcastle

No chance of me throwing a milk shake at anyone, vanilla milkshake, simply can't be beaten if made properly.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Poor Nigel, but then just history repeating itself! 

IMG_20190520_0001_NEW.jpg

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@TTman wrote:

I see Nigel has had a milkshake thrown at him in Newcastle. I know one who will be happyGrin

I think Niggle Nigel wants something stronger.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

So what's with the milkshakes is there some sort of symbolism with it?

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I read somewhere about them being banned in one McDonalds in Edinburgh (I think), whilst Nigel or one of the other similar people where in town. I think it said the reason why they where now the preferred choice is that they raise less suspicion that carrying eggs (which are more traditionally used), and they make quite a mess. I don't know if any of that was true or just what the rag made up that I was reading online.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

They wasn't banned, the police asked and McDonald's agreed not to sell them.

Burger King on the other hand 

https://twitter.com/BurgerKingUK/status/1129748114129215491?s=19

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

There was even an item on Newsnight tonight about milkshakes being the latest missile of choice amongst the politically disaffected.

I'm surprised McDonalds isn't held legally responsible if their product is misused by the consumer (who may be from a poor home, not have the latest trainers, suffering the indignity of having to play on last year's Playstation etc.)

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

I hear on this mornings news that the guy who threw that milkshake has been charged with assault and criminal damage - and rightly so in my opinion.

We may not like what some of these guys stand for, but they have the right to present it as long as they are not inciting violence. They may even talk garbarge at times, but more often than not there is some truth within the lies and racist rhetoric - but therein of course is the danger. 

Don't believe all you see and hear, but don't assume that all those at the extreme tell nothing but lies either and oh, don't throw milkshakes. Have you seen how much they cost? Wink

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

newsthump.com

Boris Johnson throws milkshake at himself and misses! 

Actually it was Chris Grayling, but Boris is funnier. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

It's like those children's stories about how the leopard got its spots:  How did Boris get his blond hair?  Vanilla milk shake!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job there weren't Ice Cubes in it !

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero

Habitual contributor to letters pages, Sasha Simic, writing in the Evening Standard describes the 'milkshaking' of Mr Farage as "using lactose against the intolerant".  Quite amusing I thought.

Julian Glover, Associate Editor (Comment), described the product as "an overpriced cream drink".  I thought modern day 'triple thick' milkshakes were mainly milk, sugar, and flavouring, with chicken fat used to achieve the 'triple thickness', cream probably doesn't come into it.