cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Scotrail Tickets

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Free Scotrail Tickets

Just a heads up, scotrail are giving away one million pounds worth of free tickets and as of this post it is still working as I just got two for a little trip to Stirling. No catch, take email or print vouchers and take photo ID on the day you are travelling. I got two tickets for the end of October.

https://thankyou.scotrail.co.uk/

32 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Free Scotrail Tickets

Hmm... wonder how long it takes to get from Portsmouth to Scotland... never mind do a day`s touring on the train, before managing to get back before the train turns back into a pumpkin & eight white mice  ! ! ...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No use to me being in the lower half of england but i appreciate the thought.

What puzzles me though.. in another thread you said you'd had enough of "this" country.. yet there you go with yet another perk that we don't get down here in ours!!!!!

The last time there were free tickets given away down here that i remember was 1984 when BR gave them away to celebrate a few odd miles of line being electrified.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

How does the chance of bagging a free train trip relate to ' yet another  perk ' its a one off as far as I can see and you have to be quite lucky to get a pair of tickets to your specific destination. And how does this all affect my day to day living? Politics affects my day to day living, not some one off free train trip, the likes of which I have never seen before ( one million pounds worth of free train tickets ) 

Hopefully the above solves your puzzle.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Down here a million pounds' worth of train tickets would be handful of first class annual season tickets from London to MK.

Community Veteran

Steve wrote:

How does the chance of bagging a free train trip relate to ' yet another  perk ' its a one off as far as I can see

Whether or not its a one off, its still a freebie like many other freebies you guys get that we don't.

Thats why i have a hard time understanding why many scots are so annoyed with things are run in politics because you guys are favoured a lot compared to us.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

7up wrote:

yet there you go with yet another perk that we don't get down here in ours!!!!!

yes it must be a really irk to you lot with us having free education, free prescriptions and now free train tickets!
just goes to show what a devolved government can do to improve life for its population.

if only little-england had one.

Community Veteran

7up wrote:
Thats why i have a hard time understanding why many scots are so annoyed with things are run in politics because you guys are favoured a lot compared to us.

it's not that we're favoured.

it's that "our" government choose to spend the money on those things that you have to pay for.
if you had your own goverment you might get those perks too, but you don't alas.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I don't know, i make a thread about free train tickets and 7up manages to turn it into a political thread somehow. It's about time Scotrail gave me something back the amount of money they get from me. 7up I don't want you derailing this thread, you got my last one deleted if all you can do is turn this into an argument about politics then refrain from contributing to it please.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I had to travel from London Euston to MK a few weeks back. I did the same last year.

Last year I reserved on-line, you have to pick specific trains. Missed the outgoing train (cos I didn't realise there were engineering works on the Northern Line and they all terminated at Moorgate not Euston).

Would have been fine, but ended up buying another ticket. It worked out something stupid like £1.50 extra to buy a ticket there and then for any off-peak train.

So I didn't go for advance booking again for that amount of money. 

Community Veteran

chenks76 wrote:

7up wrote:

yet there you go with yet another perk that we don't get down here in ours!!!!!

yes it must be a really irk to you lot with us having free education, free prescriptions and now free train tickets!
just goes to show what a devolved government can do to improve life for its population.

if only little-england had one.

The trouble is chenks if we had our own government, that would effectively be the end of the UK wouldn't it?

Then of course its another layer of parasitical blood sucking rats milking the expenses and wages system.

EDIT: Just seen Steves reply... but do remember steve this is general chat. Chat does change and involve different aspects. As long as people don't start throwing insults at each other, what is the harm is conversations that look at varying aspects of a situation?

Steve wrote:
I don't want you derailing this thread, you got my last one deleted

screenshot_578

I'm sorry if i've offended you Steve.. but I was merely trying to point out that in Scotland you are actually very lucky and that this ticket give away further demonstrates it.

But I'm clearly in the wrong, so I apologise.

Community Veteran

7up wrote:
The trouble is chenks if we had our own government, that would effectively be the end of the UK wouldn't it?

no it wouldn't

you'd have an english governement for dealing with things that are only related to england.
and a UK government that deals with uk-wide issues.

the UK government already tries this with the "english votes for the english laws" thing, where they stop certain members of the parliament from voting on certain things.

my argument would be that if you don't want certain people voting on only english things then take those things to a england only parliament, keep it out of the UK one.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

EDIT: Just seen Steves reply... but do remember steve this is general chat. Chat does change and involve different aspects.

@7up Be my guest, the floor is ALL yours. And as for the screenshot, that is how I felt at that time. But you are in here now and dragging politics into my thread and I am having second thoughts.

Community Veteran

But that is the way conversations work Steve. They flow - through various aspects, into and out of other topics, return to topic, go round again...

In my thread about COUNCILs you also changed direction by talking about the country and how fed up you were of it. Do you think that bothered me? Not in the slightest - you may recall I also continued forth with that. Thats how conversations work.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Like I said @7up feel free. I understand what you are saying I just think it is a massive swing from free train rides to us hardy Scots not knowing when we....have, got it good. You know you love your trains and here you are with a perfect opportunity to discuss them yet you have went in a total different direction.