chuffchuff
Rising Star

Re: France attacked again.

What do you mean?
mav:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It wasn't really an attack, it was just some nut wearing a fake bomb vest, if it was a real vest and he blew himself up, that would be an attack, this was just a moron that died of lead poisoning...
chuffchuff
Rising Star

The report I read was as the title. Subsequently the information that you referred to
was made available. But at the time of my post, the information that I referred to but did not comment on
was of an attack.
What defines an "attack"?
So, back to my question; what did the Forum Moderator mean by his comment to my post?
mav:quote
Fixes: 105

it wasn't an official moderator post, if it was it would be prefixed so.
The facts are Paris wasn't attacked again, there was no real danger yet news outlets and social media hype things up beyond merit.
from another article
We are very close to reaching the end of social media’s usefulness. Anyone with a keyboard can write anything they want with little to no training or skill. More often than not, the articles don’t even need to be true or have any sort of back up research and sadly all it takes is a bold, contrarian statement to convince people who aren’t interested in doing research for themselves that something wildly incorrect is truth. This extends from simple movie reviews to horrifying humanitarian crises. Actual news has become a rare commodity and we are little more than targets for advertising and electoral votes. We are being fed stupid disinformation and tricked into thinking we have knowledge that we don’t actually have.
We have willingly grown stupid.
Will Moderate For Thanks
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

@adi
yeah and yet the "real news media groups" don't bother to report the news or give accurate information, they prefer to copy n paste totally outrageous lies and obfuscation 99% of the time, look at the lack of reporting over the hundreds of attacks on the German population carried out by immigrants/refugees, or the troubles in Belgium when a bunch of Syrians tossed a car down a flight of stairs and then torched the towns Christmas tree.....or indeed the mass hysteria inducing nonsense about how vaping is as bad as smoking after a study (which found there was a possibility there might be a problem if you vaped non stop 24hours a day for 8 weeks whilst the tobacco sample killed the cell cultures in under 24 hours)  none of it gets reported properly if at all, if it wasn't for social media's "keyboard warriors" a lot of actual news would be missing from the worlds knowledge base as state actors engage in mass cover ups and miss reporting!
the way that certain things are overhyped are designed and used to socially engineer the masses into believing they need greater gun control and more armed police, which is idiocy that only serves to further entrench the unassailable position of the polit buro and ensure it cannot be overthrown in the future when the downtrodden masses finally wake up to reality, by then of course they will be powerless to resist the changes and suffer great abuses of power just as Stalin and Hitler did when they created such system in the past, shoot any dissenters and keep going ad infinium we will all be bowing to the east within a few years or paying taxes to exempt us if this crazy [Censored] keeps going unchallenged
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
chuffchuff
Rising Star

So, what was your original response to,
the title of my post or the content of the
newspaper article?
Community Veteran

Step back guys, take a deep breath, and move on!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.