cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fracking again

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Fracking again

Some professor on today's news has produced a report that earthquakes up to 3.5 on the richter scale caused by fracking should be acceptable as they do little damage other than produce cracks in the plaster.
Clearly this chap does not live in an area where fracking may take place.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Fracking again

He also said that at those levels of tremor you would have to ban busses passing by and people banging wooden doors  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
Some professor crackpot
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: billnotben
Quote from: gleneagles
Some professor crackpot screwed up idiot high as a kite from smoking something herbal while earning far too much money for his nonsense

Sorry just needed to correct you both  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

He also related the existing higher levels of seismic activity to the existing regulations for traditional mining and RAF flyovers. The suggested levels for fracking are much lower and the British Geological Survey would set higher limits also.  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Unfortunately if the nambys block fracking in years to come we will import more gas because we wont have any
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The only concern I have about fracking is it causing subsidence, in this part of the country where coal mining was common, subsidence is a big problem, and having the land blasted with high pressure water to break it up is like taking a sandcastle and pouring a bucket of water over it, it's going to collapse, and anybody above it is going to go down with it, akin to sinkholes which have been known to swallow up whole houses... Shocked
Of course, the fracking would only be done under poor communities, so the rich don't have to worry about their houses disappearing down a gaping hole.... Roll eyes