cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox's in our cities..... Very Concerned!!!! Council Refuse to believe

zedingrove
Grafter

Fox's in our cities..... Very Concerned!!!! Council Refuse to believe

Fox's are on the increase and in cities around the UK cause problems... From Dusk till Dawn they roam our streets with little concern of us....
BUT A WARNING... Apparently local councils are not bothered by these urban killers! I use killers because in the past 2 months our pet cats are vanishing,
I have seen this with my own eyes, week last was in a cab when a fox ran in front of the car and in its mouth was a White Persian. In the last 3 weeks 4 cats which
were always around and friendly etc are no longer....
These fox's are now being seen during the day and soon will attack a small child, I urge you all to write to your MP/Council  we need to start culling or soon we will not have any pets....
PLEASE I beg you all to write as a concerned member of the public.
Thank You
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Fox's in our cities..... Very Concerned!!!! Council Refuse to believe

Yoiks !.... Tally - Ho.!                              ............DuDoooooooop  DoDooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop !...  ( imitation of hunting horn)  Cheesy
RPMozley
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well, isn't it about time that 'nature' fought back against the evils of domesticated cats? With all the damage they do to the wildlife, maybe it's payback time to balance things out with the odd mog sacrificed.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: ZedinGrove
These fox's are now being seen during the day and soon will attack a small child, I urge you all to write to your MP/Council  we need to start culling or soon we will not have any pets....

Obviously you did not watch Fox Watch a couple of months ago but if you want more information of Urban Foxes http://www.thefoxwebsite.org/urbanfoxes/index.html
Community Veteran

Haven`t seen any foxes around my place.... middle of suburbia.... high garden fence all around.... we get three cats sunbathing in the garden..... so a fox would be a nice change ! ! .....
itsme
Grafter

@Shutter I would not put money on that there are no Foxes in the neighbourhood. I use to work nights and travelling between telephone exchanges and seen plenty of urban foxes. Some in middle of large towns.
I was out stared by a Badger late one evening and that was more scary then any Fox encounter, and that was just inside a town boundary.
Community Veteran

Yes, I know they are about in suburbia.... actually saw one, where I used to live, not long ago..... in a mobile home park.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@ZedinGrove: One word: Overkill.
Just because you have a localised problem with foxes in your area doesn't mean that they are a problem in other areas and must be reported. On the contrary, there are many areas where they pose no problem or risk at all and you're asking people to write to the council about them? Why? I have foxes in my neighbourhood and they are of no trouble at all to anyone. Why should I write to the council about them because you say they area a threat?
What you're doing and saying is wrong. Sure you may have a problem in your area so you deal with the people in your area. Not go OTT and try to get other people in totally different parts of the country to deal with their own non-existent problem.
Use your head.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I live within 5 miles of the giant Gherkin (I can think of some ruder names!) in London. We have a recreation ground at the end of the road and foxes are a very common sight in our street during  the night/evenings and often during the day. Our sleep is often disturbed by their noise in the street. They tend not to be much of a problem otherwise/ Our neighbouring cats seem to regularly kill the local bird life, so in that respect the felines are more of a menace.  The #OP seems a bit OTT in his reaction.
However I was brought up in the countryside and I've seen the carnage caused when a fox gets into a hen house. It is almost like a red rage and they kill/damage more than they could possibly eat. I've no objection to shooting foxes or even hunting them, but realistically it is down to the farmer/smallholder to provide proper protection to the hen houses to keep the foxes out. I can attest that they are very cunning. Similarly keep your cats inside at night if foxes are around.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

I could drop in a witty comment suggesting that we form a group of people who could go out - perhaps at the weekends - and cull the fox population.
Make an event of it - get the horses out, and maybe have some sort of pretty uniform.  Sounds like it would be great fun!
[me=Barry Zubel]removes his tongue from his cheek.[/me]
B.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you want to get rid of foxes then catch them and bring them here we could do with them as the bird population here is almost nil (apart from Pigeons)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Basil Brush has a lot to answer for...not as flippant a remark as you might think, several generations have been brought thinking foxes are nice, cuddly animals rather than the vicious, verminous creatures they really are.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 47

Second only to Homosapien?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
zedingrove
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
@ZedinGrove: One word: Overkill.
Just because you have a localised problem with foxes in your area doesn't mean that they are a problem in other areas and must be reported. On the contrary, there are many areas where they pose no problem or risk at all and you're asking people to write to the council about them? Why? I have foxes in my neighbourhood and they are of no trouble at all to anyone. Why should I write to the council about them because you say they area a threat?
What you're doing and saying is wrong. Sure you may have a problem in your area so you deal with the people in your area. Not go OTT and try to get other people in totally different parts of the country to deal with their own non-existent problem.
Use your head.

Do us and everyone else a favour, before posting such rubbish do a search on Google... Foxes in urban cities......
From London - Bristol - Liverpool and further north to Wales
Hey and you should read this.... http://www.cieh.org/library/Knowledge/Environmental_protection/Pest_management/LivingWithUrbanFoxesM...
itsme
Grafter

@ZedinGrove
In your original post your two main concerns were killing cats and attacking Children. Hopefully after you read the report that you linked to in your last post that you have no more worries on these.