cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Four Red Cards! Appalling Sportsmanship!!

Steve
Pro

Four Red Cards! Appalling Sportsmanship!!

Ricky Broadley of Mountain Rangers received the cards in the course of a Caernarfon district league cup match against Penrhyndeudraeth.
The 29-year-old was sent off for stamping on an opponent in the course of a 64th minute brawl on the pitch as his side trailed 2-0. He went on to receive further red cards for first arguing with the referee, then throwing water over him, and finally confronting him angrily in the clubhouse following the match.
Broadley, a former Bangor City striker, was also hit with a £75 fine by the North Wales Coast FA.
It is not the first time he has been in hot water with footballing authorities: Broadley has previously been banned for life from playing Sunday League football, and he was lucky to escape the same sanction this time around.
The player - who had received one red and three yellow cards in his previous 10 matches with Mountain Rangers - claimed he had been punched and put in a headlock before the stamping incident. His club had already confirmed that he will not be playing for them again.
Referee John Owen sent off three other players during the match, which finished 3-0 to Penrhyndeudraeth
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Four Red Cards! Appauling Sportsmanship!!

Appauling

Another Red Card for  appalling spelling.....  Roll eyes
community
Grafter

steady on there shutter........"people in glass houses etc.........."
Community Veteran

Well, I suppose it could have been worse,    let`s try  "appealing"  in the title then..... ??  Cheesy
Steve
Pro

Grammer or spelling is not my strong point i admit,i am working on it,but i dont enjoy being kept reminded about it shutter so please give it a rest
Community Veteran

Not "getting at you".... Fortunately, (for me) I was taught the three R`s..... Reading  (w)Riting, and (a)Rithmetic.  way back in the 1950`s when schooling, was just that, .... schooling, a place to learn, and a place to be educated.... Unfortunately (for you, and thousands of others) school standards have slipped into oblivion.  It probably isn`t your fault, you just were not taught properly...
If you know you have difficulty with spelling, it is very easy to put into google the word wiki and then put in the word you want to check for spelling into the box for wiki to check the spelling...
I make no apologies for being able to spell correctly, nor do I apologise for pointing such mistakes out, in a humurous manner. If you cannot accept that, then I am sorry for you,....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Whoa guy's!! back to the OP, isn't any modern way played sport and sportsmanship something of a contradiction in terms? or at the very least an oxymoron.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Steve
Pro

@shutter,agreed schools now are not the best,i thought they were good in my days,but in your days well they were probably even better,also could be the reason why lots of people are on benefits,(lack of education)and the elderly had to work and stuck with it pretty much forever,much respect to you,i dont want an apologie i just dont enjoy being told something weak about me that i already know and i dont google words as i think im always right!! Grin
@petlew..Sportsmanship expresses an aspiration or ethos that the activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one's competitors. Being a "good sport" involves being a "good winner" as well as being a "good loser Smiley
Edit,Title now spelt properly thanks to shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Four Red Cards! Appalling Sportsmanship!!

Well put Steve. Pity its not always put into practice.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and Dont forget Gerry that there are numerous people on here who are Dyslexic, some let you know  i.e. Midnight Caller.  Other are bright sparks but still dyslexic I am fairly certain that Asbo was one,  And I think that Another Well known person who was a regular on this forum was also
Community Veteran

So now I am the bad guy, for pointing out a spelling mistake,..... sorry to have a sense of humour. Good Night  Lips are sealed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its not the fact that you pointed it out, it was that you blamed his education, without knowing his background, and as I posted not all Dyslexics tell you, Some very well known people have had a very good education but just cannot spell, or as in Garry (MC) case has to use a text reader to look at a web page
Steve
Pro

Well i dont think or class myself as Dyslexic,never have,just really bad at spelling and grammer,truth be told your not the first to go on to me about it shutter and perhaps thats what sparked my emotions,not calling you a bad guy,no not at all,sorry if you feel that way.
@pierre-pierre yes that was a bit hurtful what shutter said about my education but i have to let certain things go over my head,as you said shutter does not know my background and i did not want to say anything more on that subject for fear of emotions running high.
This is a forum and everyone is allowed there own opinions,Lets just forget about it,no harm done,at the end of the day it urges me to press on and better myself if anything.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I had my education a long long time ago and hadnt a clue about English grammar until I started to learn Italian in the Early 90's, and I have an GB English dictionary on my PC, that lets me see what is wrong by underling in red and a right click gives me alternatives. for instance it doesnt like abbreviations without '