cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum search

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Forum search

Just been searching for an old topic about the replacement V5 logbooks by DVLA. We were having a discussion about the order they were being replaced in.
Search doesn't find it. I've tried v5, dvla, logbook.. the topic doesn't turn up. There is one similar which mentions the roll out of the red V5Cs but it doesn't contain the posts I am thinking of.
Anyone got a link to that topic? - I wanted to add that our middle aged cars red V5 has just turned up leaving the oldest one until last.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Re: Forum search

Fixes: 124

I think this may be the thread you're after.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I worked at the DVLC (now DVLA) when the old style log books were converted from County Hall licensing to the centralised system at Swansea. At the time I was a minor cog in the team who designed the documents and the computer system. 
The Project Director and the Project Manager (both contract consultants) took it on themselves to test the security of the Output Area where the printed V5 documents were guillotined to size, folded and stuffed into envelopes for despatch. These two guys sneaked into the building at night and started picking up V5 documents from the unattended despatch machines and stuffing them in their pockets.  At the time this was realistic test data was printed, but not for real vehicle registrations.  It was their bad luck that the security guard was on the ball that particular night. He caught them and called the police who then hauled these two managers down to the local police cells in Morriston. The contract managers protested they were only testing the security, but could produce no documentary evidence to support their claims.  Eventually the Director responsible for running the DVLC was called at home at 2 am. His advice to the police when everything was explained: "Hold them in the cells, I'll come and identify them at 9am."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Mav
I think this may be the thread you're after.

Thats the one! Thank you very much  Smiley
Quote from: AlaricAdair
I worked at the DVLC (now DVLA) when the old style log books were converted from County Hall licensing to the centralised system at Swansea. At the time I was a minor cog in the team who designed the documents and the computer system. 
The Project Director and the Project Manager (both contract consultants) took it on themselves to test the security of the Output Area where the printed V5 documents were guillotined to size, folded and stuffed into envelopes for despatch. These two guys sneaked into the building at night and started picking up V5 documents from the unattended despatch machines and stuffing them in their pockets.  At the time this was realistic test data was printed, but not for real vehicle registrations.  It was their bad luck that the security guard was on the ball that particular night. He caught them and called the police who then hauled these two managers down to the local police cells in Morriston. The contract managers protested they were only testing the security, but could produce no documentary evidence to support their claims.  Eventually the Director responsible for running the DVLC was called at home at 2 am. His advice to the police when everything was explained: "Hold them in the cells, I'll come and identify them at 9am."

LOL!!!  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!