cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula1

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Formula1

I do hope Formula 1 is more exciting this year than many others.

Mr Hamilton says the Ferrari is a little bit faster than most, fancy that!

Don't quote me 'cus I 'en't read It.

7 REPLIES
mikelahey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Formula1

Just be glad your not in a McLaren, according to the BBC they've blown up 3 engines so far and not even started the season.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Aye, they lost their engine man who used to work for Renault.

No wonder the Redbull team was Rubbish...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Formula 1 motor racing became boring, when they redesigned all the tracks with narrower track surfaces, forcing the " follow the leader"  type racing...   there is never enough room to overtake safely  on the straights without becoming an accident at the next bend... therefore, despite the overall speed increases, the drivers know that they risk their lives, trying to "gain a few points" by an overtake manouvre.

The original layouts of the tracks were OK for the cars that were running on them at the time of original building.. ( 1940`s or so )... but have not been properly thought out for the modern engineering, driver skill to produce "proper racing"..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Hamilton said the drivers have to work harder with the new cars Smiley   looking forward to see Max Verstappen come forward

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Probably......    Probably, because the tracks are not optimum designed for racing... so the drivers have to work harder to keep the car on the track, and keep themselves, and other drivers safe, by the "follow me"  practices they have become used to.

We all know how difficult it is to overtake on some of our country roads, at 60mph... judging the distance and speed required before the next "hazard" is "in your face".....  so you can imagine the work involved in trying to do similar on a race track barely wider than a country lane.. at over 200 mph  ! .. ( as well as keeping the car on the tarmac )

maranello
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@shutter

I have to disagree with your comments about the racetracks being the reason why there is less overtaking in Formula 1. Take for example Silverstone, where the layout has been modified, the track widened in places, run-off areas increased. In dry conditions there is an optimum racing line that everyone wants to follow, but to overtake requires deviation from that line so in order to do so overall lap time will be longer. Also, the drivers are so skilled and the cars (mostly) so predictable in their performance that they can drive right on the edge with very small margin for error. But when it rains the variability in grip means that drivers need to allow greater margin for error and how much margin depends on the skill and judgement of the driver. At the same circuit you can watch lesser formulae (e.g. touring cars, single make series) where the lead will change two or three times on the same lap. The reason Formula 1 has less overtaking is more to do with the advances in technology that make cars perform better and more consistently for lap after lap, and less to do with the track layouts. Monaco and other street/temporary racetracks are the exception, obviously.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

yes i agree Monaco is a great track my favorite to watch Thumbs Up  also i enjoyed the new European GP in Baku

all should be interesting with the new cars

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .